Aspiring Competitor --- Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

winluyen

I went to an unsanctioned bass competition and won 1st place. I have now gone to a sanctioned event and I see i would never do well with current system. I need advice on product selection. I have a 2013 Honda Civic 4 door. I have ordered a high output alt., replaced front battery and about to add a back battery. USACI has a novice 0-2ooo watt novice class. (Power is determined by manufacturers highest rated power.) I feel 2 15's would never fit as the space needed for an enclosure would be huge. What 2ooo watt amp do you suggest and what subwoofer choice do you recommend? Current set up is 2 Memphis M5 12's in a probox and a memphis 1500 watt amp. Probox takes up a lot of the trunk so i think i will only be able to have an enclosure of 4.5 to 5 cubes. Thank you in advance and hope to have a good point in the right direction as I am starting my learning process.

I'd say your equipment is fine. Just build or have someone build a custom enclosure for the sub. And if you want to get even crazier, find the resonant frequency of your vehicle by finding a term lab in your area and see what frequency you are loudest at.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.