Looking to do a hair trick. Need help with system

lol must have been a ****** install. the softparts in the fi sub are MUCH better quality than the opti. my buddy has one i built an enclosure for and it had no low end and the soft parts ****** ***.
Same install, same power. The Opti had very comparable low end, but the high end was on another level compared to the BTL. Your buddy must not know how to install.

lol must have been a shitty install. the softparts in the fi sub are MUCH better quality than the opti. my buddy has one i built an enclosure for and it had no low end and the soft parts sucked ass. although it wasnt this exact opti. it was older. the newer ones might be better
I'll post a video of mine tomorrow. Absolutely ripping my car apart.

Same install, same power. The Opti had very comparable low end, but the high end was on another level compared to the BTL. Your buddy must not know how to install.

i did the install myself. what kinda box was it in? and was it the same box

...Specific amps pair up good with specific subs? Oh yeah, you watched youtube videos so you know first hand.

It does not take any more power to push a 10" vs 18" of the same sub..
lol ummm yes it does. the 18 is bigger, therefore it requires more electrical power to move it.

lol ummm yes it does. the 18 is bigger, therefore it requires more electrical power to move it.

yeah the mms on an 18 will be higher, unless it used a different cone, but its not like your gonna need a different amp to drive it cause if that...

Cone area in a well tuned enclosure move air... I suggest 2 18s of your choice, but ones that are efficient at 1500 watts each since you do not have the funds to explore any higher and i feel like any of these would be good choices, i like the abuse the DD's can take though

Subs:

DD 3518

AQ HDC18

Fi Bl 18

Amp:

DD m3

Sundown 3000d/3500d

AQ 3500

Electrical:

1 Batcap 2000 if stock alt is 140+

Powermaster d3100 if stock alt is 110-140

Yea the power has nothing really to do with the air if the drivers are moving at whats given, i wouldnt necessarily do 2000 watts but it can be done.

dang i got off for a day and 20 new comments haha. Ok so its looking like 2 FI BTL's will be too expensive but just wondering is a bandpass a good type of enclosure for the Fi BTLs?

dang i got off for a day and 20 new comments haha. Ok so its looking like 2 FI BTL's will be too expensive but just wondering is a bandpass a good type of enclosure for the Fi BTLs?
Maybe try a couple of HDC3s on 2kw. should be much cheaper overall.

You're a toolbag. An 18" uses the exact same motor and coil as a 10" version. If you're so right, than show me a single sub line that switches RMS ratings due to cone size difference that uses the same coil/motor. Here's a hint, the Sundown 8" uses a smaller motor, and the Type-R 15 uses a bigger coil, so look elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.