Looking to do a hair trick. Need help with system

Yes fully loaded is the way to go, you can always buy used, unless you want the gen 3 version. Two 18's would be nice and will push a lot of air, more air than the 15's, but more stress on your electrical because it takes more to push the 18's. The 18's fully loaded brand new is like $510
Cone size doesn't effect current draw.

I hear the older orion 2500d amps do good with the BTL's. I think their may be a couple videos on youtube with people using the older orion 2500d for their BTL's. You can find those used for around $250
...Specific amps pair up good with specific subs? Oh yeah, you watched youtube videos so you know first hand.

Yes fully loaded is the way to go, you can always buy used, unless you want the gen 3 version. Two 18's would be nice and will push a lot of air, more air than the 15's, but more stress on your electrical because it takes more to push the 18's. The 18's fully loaded brand new is like $510
It does not take any more power to push a 10" vs 18" of the same sub..

I'm thinking two dual 2ohm on a Crescendo 3kw. Thats 4kw for about 1300$. So if all you need after that is electrical you should be good to go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
edit, didn't see you want to spend 500$ on each one.

BTW: the HDC3 18's are like just over 300$ I have heard they take well over the 1kw they're rated at.
Lol two 3ks is out of his budget since he'll still need electrical upgrades.

Why not do 2 18" BTL's? Give them each an Audioque 2200D, spend the rest on your electrical. Throw them in 15 cubes net @ 32hz. 250 inches of port 30 inches long. Subs up, port back. Hairtricks all day long, it will destroy the lows and move tons of air.
Some kid at Best Buy tried to tell me it would be so much more ****** to run two Alpine MRP-M500s on a pair of type r's, rather than an Alpine MRP-M1000. I laughed in my head... He could just get the AQ 3500.1D and save some money. It put's out 4.3kw.

I didn't mean to make it sound like the Orion 2500d is just good for the BTL, and no I didn't say that amp is good just because I saw it on youtube. I just heard that-that amp is not bad for the money. And the AQ 3500D is BEAST

Why would you need two Crescendos when one will do 4kw at .5ohms? See what I'm saying? Pretty cost effective compared to 800$ of AQ amps.

So thats 1500$ subs and amps

250$ for wire

300$ batteries

300$ alt.

approx.

you might be able to do it.

Why would you need two Crescendos when one will do 4kw at .5ohms? See what I'm saying? Pretty cost effective compared to 800$ of AQ amps.So thats 1500$ subs and amps

250$ for wire

300$ batteries

300$ alt.

approx.

you might be able to do it.
Lol you said two crescendo 3ks at first... But to correct your prices, put the battery margin around $350, and alt at about $450. If he runs the Crescendo at .5 ohms, he'll just need even a better alt or more batts.

wait, you guys didnt know it takes more power to push an 18 than a 15? And that 18s always take more power than a 15? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

wait, you guys didnt know it takes more power to push an 18 than a 15? And that 18s always take more power than a 15? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif
key word: Always

lol i hope your not saying that those subs are better than a btl...
They are better then a BTL and I have witnessed it first hand. A guy at my work is a huge BTL fan and that Opti sub showed his fulled loaded BTL what is up. The guy has since then converted to Opti.

Why not do 2 18" BTL's? Give them each an Audioque 2200D, spend the rest on your electrical. Throw them in 15 cubes net @ 32hz. 250 inches of port 30 inches long. Subs up, port back. Hairtricks all day long, it will destroy the lows and move tons of air.
That's why SPL doesn't interest me anymore. If you have the money you just buy subs, amps, build a box, wire your electrical and you are good. I understand that a lot of work goes into those who compete professionally, but other than that its just buy an amp that puts out a lot of power, build the electrical, build a box, buy a sub or however many...too simple

They are better then a BTL and I have witnessed it first hand. A guy at my work is a huge BTL fan and that Opti sub showed his fulled loaded BTL what is up. The guy has since then converted to Opti.

lol must have been a shitty install. the softparts in the fi sub are MUCH better quality than the opti. my buddy has one i built an enclosure for and it had no low end and the soft parts sucked ass. although it wasnt this exact opti. it was older. the newer ones might be better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.