Southeast Region looking to beef up a system and would like some input on build

AR,AL,GA,FL,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,VA
Is your sub box sealed or ported? Pics would help.You have just 4ga supply wiring? That amp already has a 100watt onboard fuse. Id run the amp you have, Remove the rear deck speakers and wiring from those. Spend the money on this sub and put it in a 2.0cu ft enclosure tuned to 32 htz sub rear port rear. Leave everything else alone for now,Sounds like you want more bass.This sub in the enclosure will Tank all over those two subs combined,Your car will flex pretty good and will fill the cabin space pretty nicely with those rear deck speakers out. Other than that.. Be time to do some electrical upgrades to keep up with adding another amp/amps and more cost.
Check the measurements to make sure you can get this enclosure to fit in the trunk. Min tools to put these together, you can do it yourself in one weekend
That is what I would do.. and to use what you have now and save for a better planed out system
will the amp i have now, do any good on this sub or cause it to overheat?

i like a bunch of what im seeing on these speakers, but have noticed a lot of these amps are a/b instead of d class. from what ive read, thats a lot of lost power.

Is your sub box sealed or ported? Pics would help.You have just 4ga supply wiring? That amp already has a 100watt onboard fuse. Id run the amp you have, Remove the rear deck speakers and wiring from those. Spend the money on this sub and put it in a 2.0cu ft enclosure tuned to 32 htz sub rear port rear. Leave everything else alone for now,Sounds like you want more bass.This sub in the enclosure will Tank all over those two subs combined,Your car will flex pretty good and will fill the cabin space pretty nicely with those rear deck speakers out. Other than that.. Be time to do some electrical upgrades to keep up with adding another amp/amps and more cost.
Check the measurements to make sure you can get this enclosure to fit in the trunk. Min tools to put these together, you can do it yourself in one weekend
That is what I would do.. and to use what you have now and save for a better planed out system
i think i still have another wiring kit(0 gauge) somewhere in my shop. will have to get some more to redo my big 3 from 4 gauge to 0 gauge. if i have to i could go to a dual 12 sealed enclosure to make it fit. i did like the dual 12's they had, but will have to make sure they will fit. i was going to see if i could hide all of it behind a beauty panel, so that its all clean though.

64B49D5C-320A-4B7D-B66F-4A6EEDB74AB4.jpeg
412334E6-CAC2-4BDB-8621-2D70FC76565F.jpeg
6C6F8C69-F7E0-4844-8DB8-F985501A7A1C.jpeg

i swapped the speakers from the ported kicker box to the sealed box in order to save on some trunk space, but we're in the middle of a crap load of rain and i cant get out to work on the car. i found the 0 gauge wiring kit but went ahead and ordered another so i have enough wire to re-do the big 3 again. i looked for some performance batteries but the only one i could find that would fit in the sentra is an optima.. i know someone somewhere has a performance battery for sentras, just havnt found em yet. i looked at the websites you suggested and found their alternators but they all seem to not make one for the sentra, atleast not my year(2015).

What year engine Sentra? J & S shows an alternator for the 1.8 and 2.0 for those years. 250 and 320 hairpin designs.

Also what is the battery code? I.e is it a 65 series or 34 series. Because XS Power makes a bunch of batteries in different series like that.

What year engine Sentra? J & S shows an alternator for the 1.8 and 2.0 for those years. 250 and 320 hairpin designs.

Also what is the battery code? I.e is it a 65 series or 34 series. Because XS Power makes a bunch of batteries in different series like that.
i actually called xs and they told me they didnt have my code battery. i dont see why i couldnt do one a little different. seems like the only thing that needs to be changed is the bracket, i would think.

35-2 on battery

Standard group 35 then. I would NEVER buy an Optima seen them cut in half and not worth the money at all. Odyssey though is and they come in that series.

XS claims group 21 but if Nissan says or the battery in there says 35 then go with that. Both options above will work as they are 35 series batteries.

Standard group 35 then. I would NEVER buy an Optima seen them cut in half and not worth the money at all. Odyssey though is and they come in that series.

XS claims group 21 but if Nissan says or the battery in there says 35 then go with that. Both options above will work as they are 35 series batteries.
i appreciate all the help

Batteries Plus sells their house brand, X2 Power, that is rebranded Odyssey. Best AGM I’ve ever owned. It lasted me 7.5 years and in South Texas heat. Worth every last penny.

J&S were pretty good when I got my alternator. They helped me pick the size that fit my needs with room to grow. And after I installed it they were awesome helping me trouble shoot a couple issues I had that came up from the big 3 upgrade.

I bought one for my '03 Explorer from them. They have been GREAT with customer service. I had my cats get a hold of the harness they sent me and it disappeared. They sent one out no charge right away.

To the OP. I sold parts for many years and there is only 4-6 battery makers worldwide. Optimas are junk and have been since they were bought out 15-20 years ago. When they 1st hit the market they were good stuff but no more. Give you an example the same Walmart Everstart MAXXN Battery I had in my Explorer is the same one you get from Diehard and many others just a different label on it nothing more.

Odyssey is a really good AGM. If I didn't need the AH hours and wattage coverage I would go with one but going with a XS Power 65 Series or the S5 Lithium 65 Series for my new battery in a month or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...