Southeast Region looking to beef up a system and would like some input on build

AR,AL,GA,FL,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,VA
And thats adding more supply for the demand. In all regards.. That amp he has,he prob needs just more power for the substage?? It may only be putting out 400rms at best? May be cheaper just to swapp the amp out Like the Apex 5ch that Andy mentioned in an earlier thread, That would be the cheapest way to go atm, and still pull the reard\ deck speakers to introduce the bass into the cabin area?

5 channel amps are hard to take serious IMO.

Is your sub box sealed or ported? Pics would help.You have just 4ga supply wiring? That amp already has a 100watt onboard fuse. Id run the amp you have, Remove the rear deck speakers and wiring from those. Spend the money on this sub and put it in a 2.0cu ft enclosure tuned to 32 htz sub rear port rear. Leave everything else alone for now,Sounds like you want more bass.This sub in the enclosure will Tank all over those two subs combined,Your car will flex pretty good and will fill the cabin space pretty nicely with those rear deck speakers out. Other than that.. Be time to do some electrical upgrades to keep up with adding another amp/amps and more cost.
Check the measurements to make sure you can get this enclosure to fit in the trunk. Min tools to put these together, you can do it yourself in one weekend
That is what I would do.. and to use what you have now and save for a better planed out system

Is your sub box sealed or ported? Pics would help.You have just 4ga supply wiring? That amp already has a 100watt onboard fuse. Id run the amp you have, Remove the rear deck speakers and wiring from those. Spend the money on this sub and put it in a 2.0cu ft enclosure tuned to 32 htz sub rear port rear. Leave everything else alone for now,Sounds like you want more bass.This sub in the enclosure will Tank all over those two subs combined,Your car will flex pretty good and will fill the cabin space pretty nicely with those rear deck speakers out. Other than that.. Be time to do some electrical upgrades to keep up with adding another amp/amps and more cost.
Check the measurements to make sure you can get this enclosure to fit in the trunk. Min tools to put these together, you can do it yourself in one weekend
That is what I would do.. and to use what you have now and save for a better planed out system
im at work now, but will get some pics of boxes. i have one sealed box for dual 10's from crutchfield and one kicker ported dual 10's box also from crutchfield. im trying to save some space in the trunk since its my everyday driver. the sealed box sits further back and the ported sits too far out. i thought about building one that goes the width of trunk right behind the seats, so i have more trunk space. i pulled the spare bike tire so i could mount my 5 channel amp under the the false floor. its my first build and am wanting to to do a solid wiring build, and make it look decent at the same time.

Have you ever ran a SIA amp? Do you even know how they are constructed? You have to understand that some people don't have the money or room for a big Korean surfboard amo.

I don’t run full bridge and yes I know how they are constructed. I do understand why people run full bridge. I said I’m not a fan of them. I didn’t say they are trash. Anytime someone has an opinion different than yours, you think they are attacking you. I stand by my Charmin statement.

Man I hear ya. Thats why Ive held on to one of two Elemental Designs Nine.5s Ive had. Not going give this one up for a very long time. Its a surfboard to most but a hell of an amp for a 5ch.

Those 9.5’s are so sexy. I still have a rusty 9.2x and a fairly clean 9.1. I miss eD. Those 9 series amps sounded so good and my 9.1’s made about 1400w @ 14v.

im at work now, but will get some pics of boxes. i have one sealed box for dual 10's from crutchfield and one kicker ported dual 10's box also from crutchfield. im trying to save some space in the trunk since its my everyday driver. the sealed box sits further back and the ported sits too far out. i thought about building one that goes the width of trunk right behind the seats, so i have more trunk space. i pulled the spare bike tire so i could mount my 5 channel amp under the the false floor. its my first build and am wanting to to do a solid wiring build, and make it look decent at the same time.

Are both of those boxes going in the same vehicle?

so pulling rear deck speakers will throw more bass to cabin. i want to add some mids to the rear doors( those speaker holes are empty) and get a 4 channel for the front and rear doors and a sub amp to push 2 10's for now. should give out a decent well rounded sound? i will eventually add more subs to trunk, since i listen to everything from metal to hiphop, should i go with a mix of sizes or just stick to one size? bass drum on metal should feel like a punch to the chest while hiphop should give a little more hum. any ideas? i have been w/o music for 3 weeks now and am starting to get the itch for some tunes. its just hard working on this with all the rain right now in southeast ga.
Those 9.5’s are so sexy. I still have a rusty 9.2x and a fairly clean 9.1. I miss eD. Those 9 series amps sounded so good and my 9.1’s made about 1400w @ 14v.

no, i had a pair of lightning 10's that someone gave me and i bought the sealed box to put them in to have some bass, but didnt like it. then i bought the ported kicker box with the dual 10's in it. that one took up too much space. which is why i was thinking of making my own to span the width of trunk right behind the seats. now i wonder if i should go with same amount of 10's or have a mix of 2 10's and maybe 2 12's.. its a sentra and the trunk is not that large , plus its my every day driver so i need trunk space sometimes. i dont know if i can put 2 more 10's in it or maybe drop down and add 2 8's to the tens.

no, i had a pair of lightning 10's that someone gave me and i bought the sealed box to put them in to have some bass, but didnt like it. then i bought the ported kicker box with the dual 10's in it. that one took up too much space. which is why i was thinking of making my own to span the width of trunk right behind the seats. now i wonder if i should go with same amount of 10's or have a mix of 2 10's and maybe 2 12's.. its a sentra and the trunk is not that large , plus its my every day driver so i need trunk space sometimes. i dont know if i can put 2 more 10's in it or maybe drop down and add 2 8's to the tens.

so pulling rear deck speakers will throw more bass to cabin. i want to add some mids to the rear doors( those speaker holes are empty) and get a 4 channel for the front and rear doors and a sub amp to push 2 10's for now. should give out a decent well rounded sound? i will eventually add more subs to trunk, since i listen to everything from metal to hiphop, should i go with a mix of sizes or just stick to one size? bass drum on metal should feel like a punch to the chest while hiphop should give a little more hum. any ideas? i have been w/o music for 3 weeks now and am starting to get the itch for some tunes. its just hard working on this with all the rain right now in southeast ga.

You want all of the same woofers in one box for the sub stage. What space do you have?

I agree, Thats why I stated to run what he has and save for a better planed out system at the end of my recommendation. Utilize the amp he has in for now and make a few changes on sub duty and removing the rears for cabin gain, without spending a grand/$1k at the moment.. Plan and save for a better system. Utilize and use what he has.That one 12 in that enclosure on 500 rms will crap all over the two he has right now
the amp i have now, has a switch where it can be changed to a 4 or 3 channel amp. i bought everything that i have now, just so i could hear the music. i still have the factory hu in the car. all i did was remove factory speakers and jam some kickers up front and alpines in the back. then i wanted a little bass. you guys have me wanting to gut the whole thing and start again.lol. the sentras have terrible road noise and the doors are pretty thin. i am wanting some decent mids to go into the rear doors. the cutouts are already there, but no wiring has been ran. i running off of the existing speaker wire that came with the car and have locs on front , rear and subs. was thinking of getting a boss hu, because i cant see spending a grand for a hu and losing some of my steering wheel buttons. i think boss will allow me to keep steering wheel but lose usb. i still have the regular alternator and the big 3 were done with 4 gauge, along with amp and ground.

And thats adding more supply for the demand. In all regards.. That amp he has,he prob needs just more power for the substage?? It may only be putting out 400rms at best? May be cheaper just to swapp the amp out Like the Apex 5ch that Andy mentioned in an earlier thread, That would be the cheapest way to go atm, and still pull the reard\ deck speakers to introduce the bass into the cabin area?

will i need to rewire with 0 gauge before going to this amp, ive never heard of apex amps. only because im new to this. would it be better to maybe have 2 amps than going with 1 5 channel amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...