Southeast Region looking to beef up a system and would like some input on build

AR,AL,GA,FL,KY,LA,MS,NC,SC,TN,VA

watcher6342

CarAudio.com Regular
ok, i have a 2015 sentra . ive do e the big 3 in 4gauge. right now i have a soundstream reserve 4500-d 5 channel amp. 2 kicker 6.5 100 watt in front door and 2 alpine 80 watt in rear deck and 2 kicker compc 300 watt rms in trunk.. factory hu and locs on all.. what im wanting to start is a hu with enough preouts to cover.. 2 front , 2 rear door, and 2 rear deck speakers. plus 2 sub preouts. (does anyone make these) i want to increase all speakers by 50 watts except for the subs, i just want to add another 2 10 inch kicker compc. i would like to keep it as basic as i can without breaking the bank. i need amp suggestions to power them all. i have already gutted my trunk and sound matted it and am working on the build now. audio control looks nice but expensive. kicker is lookin g nice for speakers and maybe fosgate for amps. if somecan throw some ideas to kinda help me tweak it , that would be great.. im getting the itch and i want to keep it powered low enough where i wouldnt have to add but maybe o e battery, without upgrading alternator. i dont even know if they make an upgrade for a sentra. i figured a small enough sealed battery make it work and i still be able to hide it without having a wiring ratnest if anyone has a similiar build with pucs, that would be great . thanks.

ok, i have a 2015 sentra . ive do e the big 3 in 4gauge. right now i have a soundstream reserve 4500-d 5 channel amp. 2 kicker 6.5 100 watt in front door and 2 alpine 80 watt in rear deck and 2 kicker compc 300 watt rms in trunk.. factory hu and locs on all.. what im wanting to start is a hu with enough preouts to cover.. 2 front , 2 rear door, and 2 rear deck speakers. plus 2 sub preouts. (does anyone make these) i want to increase all speakers by 50 watts except for the subs, i just want to add another 2 10 inch kicker compc. i would like to keep it as basic as i can without breaking the bank. i need amp suggestions to power them all. i have already gutted my trunk and sound matted it and am working on the build now. audio control looks nice but expensive. kicker is lookin g nice for speakers and maybe fosgate for amps. if somecan throw some ideas to kinda help me tweak it , that would be great.. im getting the itch and i want to keep it powered low enough where i wouldnt have to add but maybe o e battery, without upgrading alternator. i dont even know if they make an upgrade for a sentra. i figured a small enough sealed battery make it work and i still be able to hide it without having a wiring ratnest if anyone has a similiar build with pucs, that would be great . thanks.
also, would another component carry the amount of preout that would help me out on this system?

also, would another component carry the amount of preout that would help me out on this system?

You just need a 4 channel amp and a mono amp. Ditch the 5 channel. Find yourself a headunit with at least 4v pre outs. Mine only cost about $125. Look at some American Bass 10" subs. It's time to ditch the kickers. Look at the XD1044 subs. Look at the SFB and SIA line of Sundown mono amps. I highly recommend the SIA line over the SFB line. Look at some Pioneer or Kenwood 4 channel amps for your mids and highs.

You just need a 4 channel amp and a mono amp. Ditch the 5 channel. Find yourself a headunit with at least 4v pre outs. Mine only cost about $125. Look at some American Bass 10" subs. It's time to ditch the kickers. Look at the XD1044 subs. Look at the SFB and SIA line of Sundown mono amps. I highly recommend the SIA line over the SFB line. Look at some Pioneer or Kenwood 4 channel amps for your mids and highs.
wont that leave me 2 channels short

i need atleast 6 channel for just the speakers and another amp just for the subs right?

These should work for you..

Screenshot_20220719-182238_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220719-182322_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220719-182617_Chrome.jpg

Ditch the rear deck speakers. Removing them will allow more bass into the cab. I would personally amp mids and tweeters up front and run the rears on head unit power.
The Pioneer amp Bobby posted is a solid amp for the price. I’m not into the SFB and SIA type of amps as I like half bridge but Sundown has a great warranty. I would also just sell your kickers and start fresh. You can do better with that money. SSA, Sundown, Incriminator, Deaf Bonce, SoundQubed and countless others have entry level subs that will blow those out of the water.

Ditch the rear deck speakers. Removing them will allow more bass into the cab. I would personally amp mids and tweeters up front and run the rears on head unit power.
The Pioneer amp Bobby posted is a solid amp for the price. I’m not into the SFB and SIA type of amps as I like half bridge but Sundown has a great warranty. I would also just sell your kickers and start fresh. You can do better with that money. SSA, Sundown, Incriminator, Deaf Bonce, SoundQubed and countless others have entry level subs that will blow those out of the water.

Have you ever ran a SIA amp? Do you even know how they are constructed? You have to understand that some people don't have the money or room for a big Korean surfboard amo.

Is your sub box sealed or ported? Pics would help.You have just 4ga supply wiring? That amp already has a 100watt onboard fuse. Id run the amp you have, Remove the rear deck speakers and wiring from those. Spend the money on this sub and put it in a 2.0cu ft enclosure tuned to 32 htz sub rear port rear. Leave everything else alone for now,Sounds like you want more bass.This sub in the enclosure will Tank all over those two subs combined,Your car will flex pretty good and will fill the cabin space pretty nicely with those rear deck speakers out. Other than that.. Be time to do some electrical upgrades to keep up with adding another amp/amps and more cost.
Check the measurements to make sure you can get this enclosure to fit in the trunk. Min tools to put these together, you can do it yourself in one weekend
That is what I would do.. and to use what you have now and save for a better planed out system

Is your sub box sealed or ported? Pics would help.You have just 4ga supply wiring? That amp already has a 100watt onboard fuse. Id run the amp you have, Remove the rear deck speakers and wiring from those. Spend the money on this sub and put it in a 2.0cu ft enclosure tuned to 32 htz sub rear port rear. Leave everything else alone for now,Sounds like you want more bass.This sub in the enclosure will Tank all over those two subs combined,Your car will flex pretty good and will fill the cabin space pretty nicely with those rear deck speakers out. Other than that.. Be time to do some electrical upgrades to keep up with adding another amp/amps and more cost.
Check the measurements to make sure you can get this enclosure to fit in the trunk. Min tools to put these together, you can do it yourself in one weekend
That is what I would do.. and to use what you have now and save for a better planed out system

The two ten inch subs cone area would be a better fit IMO.

It would deff if the existing enclosure he has is built strong enough and tuned closely to handle those subs. They will prob end up destroying that enclosure if its a prefab. His amp now only has 700 rms @2ohms on paper on sub channel. A pair of XO 10s might be the way to go? May have to reseal the enclosure and secure with some screws even with those subs.??

It would deff if the existing enclosure he has is built strong enough and tuned closely to handle those subs. They will prob end up destroying that enclosure if its a prefab. His amp now only has 700 rms @2ohms on paper on sub channel. A pair of XO 10s might be the way to go? May have to reseal the enclosure and secure with some screws even with those subs.??

XD subs. He can always upgrade his amp later. He really needs a four channel amp and a mono amp.

He would be around $350 bucks with a well made tuned enclosure and a beefy sub with what Ive recommended for his 4ga supply also.He can reuse that sub and enclosure later on more power if or when he decides to upgrade his electrical, and amp/amps

XD subs. He can always upgrade his amp later. He really needs a four channel amp and a mono amp.
I agree, Thats why I stated to run what he has and save for a better planed out system at the end of my recommendation. Utilize the amp he has in for now and make a few changes on sub duty and removing the rears for cabin gain, without spending a grand/$1k at the moment.. Plan and save for a better system. Utilize and use what he has.That one 12 in that enclosure on 500 rms will crap all over the two he has right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...