Looking For Good IB Subs

I was gonna go IB a while back. It is a lot of work, and is quite difficult. Plus, you got to remember that when running IB the RMS wattage drops significantly. But 3 10s, would be sick. You just gotta make sure you seal the trunk up to the best of your ability, and have the baffle be super air tight.

I was gonna go IB a while back. It is a lot of work, and is quite difficult. Plus, you got to remember that when running IB the RMS wattage drops significantly. But 3 10s, would be sick. You just gotta make sure you seal the trunk up to the best of your ability, and have the baffle be super air tight.
If I use the opening that I posted the pic of earlier I could seall it pretty easy and flush mount the subs so they dont hit the seat...

If I use the opening that I posted the pic of earlier I could seall it pretty easy and flush mount the subs so they dont hit the seat...
Yea, I am not saying you cant do it, just saying its a lot of work. After I thought about it, I didnt want to go through all the trouble. Expanding foam and deadner will become your best friend. Lol. It would be sick if you put a baffle there, and then built a sealed box for the subs. Get some subs that dont need very big sealed enclosures. Thats another route. Will be much louder. But I feel you on trying something diff.

Yea, I am not saying you cant do it, just saying its a lot of work. After I thought about it, I didnt want to go through all the trouble. Expanding foam and deadner will become your best friend. Lol. It would be sick if you put a baffle there, and then built a sealed box for the subs. Get some subs that dont need very big sealed enclosures. Thats another route. Will be much louder. But I feel you on trying something diff.
I may try that box idea and maybe port it into the cabin with aeros

I was just about to post this.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I may try that box idea and maybe port it into the cabin with aeros
IB, to be perfect, requires not only an air tight seal separating the front and rear wave, but infinite space, meaning venting the trunk to the outside world. Not very convenient in cars, so you calculate and try to end up at 4xVas +. Also, the air tight seal will help, though doesn't have to be as perfect as claimed. Good outcomes can come without it being perfectly sealed, though it does need to be close.

IB' date=' to be perfect, requires not only an air tight seal separating the front and rear wave, but infinite space, meaning venting the trunk to the outside world. Not very convenient in cars, so you calculate and try to end up at 4xVas +. Also, the air tight seal will help, though doesn't have to be as perfect as claimed. Good outcomes can come without it being perfectly sealed, though it does need to be close.[/quote']

Hmmmm Ill have to thick of that Im gunne do... I may do the IB/box idea that I just seal the box firing into the cabin and hide it from the truck with my amps if that makes sense...

The reason for the Fi IB not coming in a 10" version is the mechanical clearance needed for IB and 10" baskets not having it. It would be better to go a pair of 12's if possible, if not a single 15.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.