looking for best sub ~ 100$

soar

mtl
Hey guys I just purchased an old audi a4 (2003) and I'm currently looking to replace the original sub that it comes with, I'd love to hear some of your suggestions, Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I picked up a almost perfect Rockford fosgate p3 12" sub off Craigslist for $90 with a box. Sounds great in my sentra. Roughly same size car as the Audi. I found 2 10" jl w3v3's for $140 with a box. Look around for a good deal. As far as new not sure where to steer you.

Alpine has been improving its subwoofer and amplifier products recently. The new 2012 Alpine Type-S subwoofers are a big improvement over the old ones. Supposedly they have good SQ and the power handling also improved a lot, with bigger xmax and thermal RMS wattage. You can find them for $99. Also, the 8 inch Alpine Type-R subwoofers have very good reputation for SQ, and should give decent SPL in a vented box. You can't go wrong with either IMO.

thanks guys which alpine amp would you reccomend!?!? that's not expensive, and which websites would i be able to purchase these at a good price?!?

is there any amp for around 100$ that is also very good?!?
Usually not.. I would say the decent ones start at around $200 online, add or subtract a few bucks. $100 amplifiers usually have overrated specs, lack features, and have questionable quality. If you need big power, perhaps something a little cheaper than $200 will do. I would recommend to look at PPI Black ICE, Sedona, or Phantom amplifiers. They are good budget amplifiers with that do rated power. P1000.1 would be my choice.

In those price ranges it would be best to save a little bit more money and buy something a little nicer. I would say $150 for a sub woofer and $200 for an amp is a good budget.

I picked up a almost perfect Rockford fosgate p3 12" sub off Craigslist for $90 with a box. Sounds great in my sentra. Roughly same size car as the Audi. I found 2 10" jl w3v3's for $140 with a box. Look around for a good deal. As far as new not sure where to steer you.
............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

But with that budget this comes to mind.

Pretty good sub for the price.

Dual 2 ohm

Diamond Audio D310D2.2 Component Car Subwoofers at Onlinecarstereo.com

with this amp bridged at 4ohms.

Precision Power PPI S420.2 2-Channel Car Amplifier/Amp (S4202)

Wired like this:

1 DVC driver with Voice Coils in Series

Connecting the two voice coils of the driver in series (+ to -) will result in the following impedances:

Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofer: 12 Ohms

Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofer: 8 Ohms

Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofer: 4 Ohms

Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 3 Ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.