Looking for a Nice Headunit

I am leaning towards the Pioneer myself only because it has so many features but is it really worth the whole entire $335? I mean that is a lot of money to spend of just a heaunit.

it depends on wether you will use any of the features. look into maybe getting a pioneer 7600. i went from a pioneer premier 750 to a pioneer 8600, and it was well worth the upgrade.

What kind of difference is the 860 compared to the 7600? What kind of features does it have that I may not use?

Premier has been the leader in HU's for the past, I don't know how many years. People say the plane hard working style of Eclipes, clarion, etc is the way to go, but Premier gives you the same reliability, plus endless options, and all the bells and whistles. It also plays mp3, wave and WMA. unbeatable. and stop being a putzs and buy it of ebay. their the best deals. you can get the p960mp for $380 shipped. retail for $650+. thats the best deck out right now for under $1000. Reserch it for your self.

Premier has been the leader in HU's for the past, I don't know how many years. People say the plane hard working style of Eclipes, clarion, etc is the way to go, but Premier gives you the same reliability, plus endless options, and all the bells and whistles. It also plays mp3, wave and WMA. unbeatable. and stop being a putzs and buy it of ebay. their the best deals. you can get the p960mp for $380 shipped. retail for $650+. thats the best deck out right now for under $1000. Reserch it for your self.
Again Ebay would leave you without a warranty.

eclipse is one of the cleanest decks out there they dont display power ratings like 50x4..like pioneer and sony and kenwood.... the performance speaks for itself I have an 8443 8volt eclipse and wouldnt trade it for anything...... and when you by a head unit and your hooking up subs get one with atleast a 4volt output to the subs... get an eclipse that is just my opinion

What kind of features does the Pioneer 860 have that the Eclipse headunit doesnt have. They are both around the same price so I am not sure.

What kind of difference is the 860 compared to the 7600? What kind of features does it have that I may not use?

the 7600 has i believe a 3 band eq copared to a 13 band in the 8600. it also doesn't have time alignment, position selector, and you can't adjust the slope on your front, rear and sub. you also can't adjust the front and rear speakers seperately. also the 7600 doesn't have auto eq, or digital bbe. in my opinion it's worth it to step up to the 8600 over the 7600.

I am not talking about the regular Pioneer, I am talking about the Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP. I am not sure if there is a difference between the regular Pioneer and the Premier but I just wanted to clarify that.

Which would be better, the Pioneer Premier 860 or the Eclipse 3434?

Also how is the Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP?

I am not talking about the regular Pioneer, I am talking about the Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP. I am not sure if there is a difference between the regular Pioneer and the Premier but I just wanted to clarify that.
Which would be better, the Pioneer Premier 860 or the Eclipse 3434?

Also how is the Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP?

absolutely no difference between the premier and regular. the only thing is the premier has 6 volt rcas and the regular pioneers have 4 volt rcas. only difference.

absolutely no difference between the premier and regular. the only thing is the premier has 6 volt rcas and the regular pioneers have 4 volt rcas. only difference.
Actually depends on the level of the HU. For the 860 Yes. Each one has seperate although Extremely minimal differences. Main factor and reason for buying Premier is the 2 year warranty rather than the generic Pioneer one year. That alone is enough difference for the general consumer.

--Don

So which one would you guys take? The Pioneer 860, Alpine 9833, or the Eclipse 3434? They all seem like they have good features and they all seem to be around the same price. So which one is better?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.