Looking for a Nice Headunit

kbkid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Virginia
I am looking for a decent headunit. I don't really know much about them, so I am going to leave it up to you guys to choose which one is best for me. My only concerns are:

Has to be able to play Mp3s

I want it to have a fold down face so I can insert the CD behind the face plate

I would like to be able to change the color if possible.

Having the motorized face would be a plus but not a must.

I want to stay under $300 and not buying from ebay.

I'm not sure about all the outputs and stuff. So I will leave it up to you guys.

Are the Kenwood HUs any good? I like their KDC-MP925. But does it have good features that I should be looking for in a HU? Or would the Pioneer DEH860 be a whole lot better?

Eclipse CD3434. Not at all fancy, but a great bang for the buck and they typically run about $299. That is unless your local dealer may have some sort of sale.
--Don
I second the 3434. Have one myself and it has been great ever since i got it (about 8 months ago). Great sounding unit, plays MP3s, very fast motor (motorized face). Doesn't have a removable face though and cant change illumination colors, but other than that it's great for the price. $340 installed at good guys.

I second the Eclipse 3434, my brother has it its very clean and forum member EbonyIsland just had his put in 2 weeks ago and loves it- the HU just piles on the volume without an iota of distortion- I really dig the SVC function on that deck, you can adjust the volume on each source, particularly CDs(CD-R/MP3 recordings) to bring up the clarity of their playing volume/recording- its weird, but it works so well

Oh, and Eclipse OWNS JOO ALL when it comes to playing scratched CD's, half my CDs feel like sandpaper, and my deck has never once skipped

I second the Eclipse 3434, my brother has it its very clean and forum member EbonyIsland just had his put in 2 weeks ago and loves it- the HU just piles on the volume without an iota of distortion- I really dig the SVC function on that deck, you can adjust the volume on each source, particularly CDs(CD-R/MP3 recordings) to bring up the clarity of their playing volume/recording- its weird, but it works so well
Oh, and Eclipse OWNS JOO ALL when it comes to playing scratched CD's, half my CDs feel like sandpaper, and my deck has never once skipped
x2 on everything. I just installed my 3434. I love it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/silly.gif.3549b64aaa5b6729eb8e865319a3234f.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.