Looking for 4 channel amplifier for Audiofrog G60S

Mamba24

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone, I currently have a Kicker Dual 12" L7R 2-Ohm Ported Enclosure paired to a LC2i and a Kenwood KAC-9106D with the stock head unit in my 2007 nissan maxima. I have the stock Bose sound system and looking to upgrade my front door and tweeters and the head unit. I think I'm going to go with the Audiofrog G60S component set and don't know which 4 channel amp to go with. I might upgrade the rear doors later on but not for now. The G60S says it can handle 15-50 rms but not sure if I should get an amp with much more rms like 75+? Would it be better getting an amp that can handle much more than just at 50 rms? Also would a/b or d class be better if I'm only using it for the doors and tweeters? Would like to buy an amp that I can use for a long time so what brand would you guys recommend?

Also would a/b or d class be better if I'm only using it for the doors and tweeters?
This isn't like maple syrup where the higher letter grades are crap. Modern class D amplifiers are going to sound just fine and you get better efficiency in a smaller package.

Honestly in the 50X4 class you could probably get something nice over to Crutchfield from a mainstream brand like Alpine, Rockford, JBL, Kicker, or similar. I don't think any boutique brand is going to offer you all that much more (apart from built in DSP if you go with Audison/Hertz/etc.) and I'm not sure how many of the "me too" brands offer anything that small.

I've got nothing but good things to say about my JL rd400/4. Wouldn't recommend overpowering something like those audio frogs. Should be excellent speakers if fed what they want. Maybe Focal or JL at 50x4.

I have that JL as well nice amp. Even the cheaper JD amp is great it even has a clip light around the gain knob. I like having all the connections on one side though so went RD.

One that you might think about it is the Pioneer GM-D9604 or 8604. Yeah it is more power but they can be had for around 150-180 on amazon or eBay NIB. I have the 8604 running 2 ohms right now and they put out much more then they claim RMS. Gives you a little headroom if you want and just adjust gains appropriately is all. That Soundstream 4 channel from Korea that THX had and was running for a bit. Some some are running that and it has a good rep as well which shocked me considering how bad they were for awhile.

Whats the Budget for this amplifier needed/wanted? Are you looking for a Compact MINI amplifier? Or a standard size of approx size of like 10" or 12"? x8" x 2"?

Just a couple to consider

This isn't like maple syrup where the higher letter grades are crap. Modern class D amplifiers are going to sound just fine and you get better efficiency in a smaller package.

Honestly in the 50X4 class you could probably get something nice over to Crutchfield from a mainstream brand like Alpine, Rockford, JBL, Kicker, or similar. I don't think any boutique brand is going to offer you all that much more (apart from built in DSP if you go with Audison/Hertz/etc.) and I'm not sure how many of the "me too" brands offer anything that small.
”me too” brands. That cracked me up.

Forgive me, but this is silly.

Go get you a head unit that can do 50x4, forget about buying an amp, and buy that second set of speakers now. This will cost you about the same, be easier to wire up, will give you more features with a new head unit, and will get you that other matching set of speakers now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...