Line Output Converter Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rwr1311

I am planning to install a single SA-12 powered by a Twisted Sounds 1.3kw. I am using the factory head unit. The factory system has a weak sub that I am replacing (car is a 2013 Audi A4 with standard audio system (not B&O)). The amp does not have speaker level inputs, so my plan is to cut the inputs to the factory sub and use a line output converter to connect to my amp.

Here are general instructions I found from someone who did a similar install: B8 A4 / S4 2010 onwards aftermarket subwoofer install | Audi-Sport.net

And here is a guy who used the line output converter solution that I described above: Aftermarket Subwoofer and Amp Install - AudiForums.com

My questions are: (1) Is this setup ok? (2) I imagine my stock system has an amplifier--does it matter if I run the LOC after that amp (by cutting the input to the factor sub)? Or will that pose sound quality issues? I would obviously prefer not to have to go through the hassle of finding the pre-amp line for the sub. (3) If I run the LOC after the factory amp, do I need an LOC that can handle a certain amount of power? Would one of these be fine:

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

I did the exact same thing. It works great for the bass channels. But don't plan on upgrading vocal speakers this way if your car has any stock faders or crossovers. It has become a headache for me. It might just be my setup though, more experienced people may disagree with me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.