Line Output Converter Issue, Sub Humming Loud

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheSubMan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello All, 

I have an issue with my set up, it was my first time installing a sub-woofer with a factory stereo inside a 2019 Honda CRV and I'm not sure where I went wrong 

I used a fixed line output converter this one- https://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/sgn11.html

What happens is the sub has no bass going to it at low gain, but as soon as I go past about 40% gain, it gets extremely loud (in a bad way), like it's going to blow up. 

If I pull the RCAs out then the amp/sub is fine. 

What could be causing this? 

I Used the accessory as the remote wire, is this okay? 

Thanks

Edit-

If someone is advanced with New Hondas here is how I wired everything:

Blue was Left Positive Rear..........................................To Stinger Gray 

White was Left Negative Rear.......................................To Stinger Gray Black

Yellow was Right Positive Rear ....................................To Stinger White

(Not Sure why they used yellow as speaker here)

Brown was Right Negative Rear ....................................To Stinger White Black

and I grounded the brown wire off the Stinger to a bolt 

Different Yellow Accessory to Remote 

(Not Sure why they used yellow as accessory here, usually it's red?)

The Amp has power, turns off when the car is off, rear speakers work properly, Head Unit works properly, 

Last edited by a moderator:
the stock head unit is the problem you arent gonna get anything with a high passed signal built into the head unit that you cannot remove. The bass isn't there and now all the convertor is doing is boosting up signals thats not there so all you get is pure garbage distortion.  Not really much you can do.

the stock head unit is the problem you arent gonna get anything with a high passed signal built into the head unit that you cannot remove. The bass isn't there and now all the convertor is doing is boosting up signals thats not there so all you get is pure garbage distortion.  Not really much you can do.
But isn't that what a Fixed Output Line Converter is for? To reduce the signal?

And still what are the options for fixing this?

But isn't that what a Fixed Output Line Converter is for? To reduce the signal?

And still what are the options for fixing this?
it doesnt reduce the signal, it reduces the voltage to safe level the amp can use. What you want is a flat signal BUT your head unit is giving you a high passed signal like this.

Screenshot_20190628-105803__01.jpgScreenshot_20190628-105759__01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Solutions would be 

1 get a JL FIX86 and let it put out a restored flat signal

2 get a new head unit which i dont think you want.
I don't think they make a head unit for this car plus it has all the heating controls and stuff in the oem head unit... 

So basically I'm still confused, I just need a better line output converter?  Or am I supposed to use both the Stinger one and a new one? 

I don't think they make a head unit for this car plus it has all the heating controls and stuff in the oem head unit... 

So basically I'm still confused, I just need a better line output converter?  Or am I supposed to use both the Stinger one and a new one? 
JL FIX 86 isnt just a line out convertor its a factory OEM integration unit that fixes your signal and gives you a flat full clean signal.  Your stinger basically belongs in the trash pile right now, take it out, all it does is boost garbage signal now you have louder trash.   

I ended up finding out on Newer Cars have an Active Noise Cancellation/System.

I unplugged the mic/system control from underneath the glove box in the CRV

And now I can put the gain up to some extent on the CRV, it's not as loud as an aftermarket JVC head unit, but that it to be expected of course at least I am getting some bass out of the car now :)

Your not getting it
1- line out converter is to get a signal for your sub amp
But your Honda headunit filters that signal out
its not there you have to use a clever bit of kit to recreate it and that's expensive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.