Lets SEE your FiberGlass SUB BOX

1BadHawk
10+ year member

Here
Ive gone through all the stickys, and seen some prety cool glassing projects. I almost feel like a pro at it and I havent even made one my self //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Only thing is, most of the ones pictured are for kick panels.

Anyone have any larger sub boxes theyve done or seen, that youcan post pics of?

From my Cougar: Simple & Sweet.

20cougartrunkleft-med.JPG

Sorry to jack the thread but do you have to have it basically perfect before you start to lay bondo, in order to paint? Because mine glass project had waves in it even though I layed bondo down. I never really did keep on trying after that...

Bondo is for fixing imperfections. If there are waves in your box, you did not work the bondo properly. It takes a lot of time to get something to look flawless. Also, Hi build primer is your best friend. Use it to fix scratches, pinholes and other minor flaws and then just wetsand smooth.

Its nothing special. First box i made with fiberglass. I still hit 146.8 with it though.

102_0223.JPG

Never painted it. Its a good thing too cause i think theres a crack in it.

Time for a new one. New subs too.

Bondo is for fixing imperfections. If there are waves in your box, you did not work the bondo properly. It takes a lot of time to get something to look flawless. Also, Hi build primer is your best friend. Use it to fix scratches, pinholes and other minor flaws and then just wetsand smooth.

Yeah I just kind of gave up on the bondo issue....

I heard High Build primer was the way to go. It's easy to sand off and you can get it around 1/4" thick...

Yes nice and clean, with some steathlyness to it. nice detail around the amp.

can still use your trunk. always a plus.

what brand of high build primer you use and about whats the price?

do you get yours in the gallon form?

jamie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.