LED Brightness

Participant count
  • Participant list

chetomatic
10+ year member

So I've hooked up 4 LED strips to my amp and a switch, like this:

---LED-----LED------TOGGLE SWITCH----LED-------LED---------

|____(+)Speaker Terminal on Amp (-)Sp. Terminal on Amp___|

(That's all 4 LEDs in series drawing power from the amp, with a switch in the middle.)

So all 4 are getting power from the amp, so that they flash to the subs' bass.

I've seen other posts that ask how to decrease the brightness, I'm wondering if there's any way to boost the brightness without increasing the amp output and thus making the subs louder. Perhaps some electrical device in between the wiring somewhere to amplify the power? My knowledge of wiring and car audio is better than some but is mostly on a common sense basis.

Thanks in advance.

your only way of making it brighter is if you somehow make the LEDs more sensitive to voltage. you could in theory raise the AC voltage of the speaker wire before the LED's, then bring it back down for your subs, but this would probably cause some sort of distortion/clipping

For you? It's not possible.

For someone with some advanced electrical knowledge (small components), a soldering iron, and a lot of time? Easily possible.

@double deez, thanks

@bubbagumper6, considering i know how to figure things out on my own with a little help, perhaps you could be a little less vague and tell me how to fix my problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.