Know nothing need advice

hordeall

il
Just bought a 18 hyundai elantra sport.

Stock speakers sound horrible basically and would like a decent setup without breaking the bank.

I generally listen to dance/techno music. Quality over loudness/thumping would be ideal.

Don't have a budget really but trying not to spend a whole lot (under $1000 installed ideally).

Do not want to replace the stock headunit.

(edited to incude more info)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I need a sub but could be wrong ........I generally listen to dance/techno music.
Yep, you're wrong.

Find a 5 channel amp that'll power components and sub, even a modest sub prefab big box store type will do wonders and the difference between wiring a 4 channel amp and 5 channel amp to the sub as well is about 10 feet of speaker wire only.

Post your budget and any other limitations. Also what's your comfort level of DIY? Do you plan to take this to a shop?

If I did amp and sub I would prolly take to shop or find someone to do it for me that has experience.

Budget for everything would ideally be under a grand including install if possible (would love to keep it much lower than that though) . Again not an audiophile just want something decent / so more bang for my buck kind of thing.

so far from limited searching for my speaker size of 6.5 it seems the JBL GTO609C front speakers would be a good choice but could be wrong again

rather not replace the deck.....
DSP then. I like the idea of a 5 channel with a sub too. You can go active on the fronts, ditch the rears (just leave the stock ones there, but not hooked up to anything) some dayton audio 6.5's separate tweeters and a prefab vented sub such as the JL one. It will sound amazing!

rather not replace the deck.....
yeah theres alot of good stuff u can buy but ewith a 5 channel amp sub and box u probably gonna be over what u want yo spend unless u can give us a $ amount.. there are a lot of sales right now.. it is possible u can get loc and a 5 chan run it to factory speakers see if they sound better before replacing them.. thing is when u amp speakers u will use the high pass xover on them which keeps bass out of them so they don't distort thats why u need a sub.. even a 1 12" in a 1.25cf sealed box will make 40 times the bass your speakers can and u adjust speakers /sub to either blend will or have more or less bass.. buy amp wire kit we help u find too that'll save u more $ or at least get better wires than shop will sell u and let them install amp.. other option is get a 4 channel amp just amp front speakers and bridge rear 2 channels to a sub..

Trying to keep under $1000 for everything if possible.

So far I need:

AudioControl LC7i (black or white?) = $120

Front speakers = $95 ish JBL GTO609C good choice or cheaper option?

Sub = ?

5 channel amp = ?

wiring = ?

Jeez I can help with the equipment. I have two amps that would be perfect, plus I have the JBL components your looking for. I have a Infinity Ref 704a amp, plus a Ref551a, both brand new. 90 each plus shipping, and I have the JBL 609c s for 50 plus shipping, but those are used. Both amps come with hi input adapters so no need to change the HU. All you need is a sub and wiring and your done for less than 500.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.