New Install Suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

thesir72

VA
After many years of 'wanting' to ... I've pulled the trigger, and bought a complete new system from Crutchfield. Money is always an issue, I want a decent sound w/o breaking the bank. So here's some info on the hardware..

HU: JVC - JVC KD-R880BT

FRONT SPEAKER: JVC CS-DR620 (6.5 X 2)

REAR SPEAKERS: JVC CS-DR6930 (6X9 X2)

SUB: Blaupunkt GT Power 1200w (12"x 1)

AMP: Phoenix Gold M25

everything installed beautifully, no issues with fit ... except needing 90 degree RCA adapters. I've only had it installed for about a week, still tweaking EQ and various effects. But my main issue right now is I think I'm getting too much bass response out of the 6.5's and the 6x9's ... some tunes you can hear those speakers really starting to distort (even at lower volume).

What is a cost effective way eliminate bass frequencies from these speakers? I've read a little on bass blockers, most of these articles were about the ineffectiveness of bass blockers until you reach higher dB's ... Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks, -thesir

amp or hu don't have hp xover? if so turn it on set it at 80hz..if not.. if u woulda ask us 1st we would have steered u to a hu with xover on it ,mine was $119 and has like 50 audio adjustments..

btw bass blockers work but aren't great..i just looked at your amp yeah if u don't have hp xover on hu u should sell that and get almost any other amp they all have xovers..

Are you using the Phoenix Gold to power the speakers? If so, did you set the gain properly? The gain knob is not a volume knob.
probably running the amp to his sub, esp since he doesnt have another amp listed

amp or hu don't have hp xover? if so turn it on set it at 80hz..if not.. if u woulda ask us 1st we would have steered u to a hu with xover on it ,mine was $119 and has like 50 audio adjustments..
hu does have a h/p l/p

i agree with boomingrandpa on this, set the x-over to either 80 or 100 hz, should fix ya right up

your deck says that it has selection points at 80, 90 and 100. Try it out on any of those and see how it sounds to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

thesir72

thesir72
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
youdoofus