Kill Switch Work With Alarm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PhatTonyDeMarco
5,000+ posts

C0CK,its whats for dinner
Hey guys, I have a 1998 Buick Century (the picture in my avatar), and I was thinking of installing a kill switch to further my security on the car.

My question is, will a kill switch disable all power from my car before it is turned on, including my aftermarker alarm system?

If so, what are some other simple options for theft prevention?

usually a kill switch is used to interupt your start wire. if you allready have an alarm that has a starter kill then it is using your start wire for that. if not the put on on the starter wire.

you could also put it on you ign wires. but if you do have an alarm with starter kill and you interupt the ign1 before the starter relay connects to it it will disable the alarms starter kill

usually a kill switch is used to interupt your start wire. if you allready have an alarm that has a starter kill then it is using your start wire for that. if not the put on on the starter wire.
you could also put it on you ign wires. but if you do have an alarm with starter kill and you interupt the ign1 before the starter relay connects to it it will disable the alarms starter kill
Ah... Such a wise man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif

I was actually considering buying a different alarm, as of tonight. I just read though the "Which Alarm" thread in here and the Prestige seems really good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.