Which alarm?

BlackHaze-
10+ year member

The Sun
Which alarm would you suggest for my car?

I can buy the

Prestige 996a

Crimestopper CS 2016 FM

I would like very heavy security, I will spend up to 150 bucks if anyone else has a better opinion on what I should get.

Make : Ford

Model : Explorer 2d

Year : 1994

AHAHAHAH

DEI is possibly the best when it comes to making alarms you ****ing idiot:laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I got a crimestopper on mine and it works real good, it's highly sensitive on the hood, doors, windows, and trunk, it also came with remote start and that is the sh!t, had it for the last 6 months and it hasn't given me any problems

ok lets start with the lower end alarms.

DEI feels like being cheap and just having there name on it and having the shock sensor built into the brain. what does that do you ask?

when you have the shock sensor in the alarm brain you have to make the brain easy to access to change the sensor if you have to. now keep in mind this is for the basic features. so what happens when you have an alarm that is easy to access. means its easy to disable. if you can find the brain no problem then what stops you from unplugging it.

now with audiovox or prestige alarms they all come with seperate shock sensors. so you can have the brain locted in a completely different place. there remotes i think look alot better also.

with the remote start alarms like the viper 791 and prestige 996a.

they are similar except the remote is ugly as hell on the viper. and it only comes with one remote. where as the prestige comes with a 2way and a 1 way remote so you have a back up incase you loose or break the other one. the replacement for the viper is $150. msrp.

and the DEI has a relay module that you have to hook up for the remote start and the starter kill.

The prestige has everything built in and you can hook up the start kill and hide it in a different location.

the prestige remote and the viper remote have about the same range so that is fine.

the prestige has a clock on it, parking timer, temperature in the car, remote start countdown and you can disable the shock sensor.

the viper does not tell you how long your car is remote started for. and it doesnt have any of the other features that the prestige remote has. also its an ugly 2d model of the car.

with the prestige depending on your climate you can have your car remote start when the temp hits a certain range to make it easier for you car. so in really cold climates it can remote start to keep the engine warm.

now some of the features that the prestige has might be pointless to you, but in reality you actually getting more features for the price you are paying for.

and at BB we sell the audiovox ax900 same thing as the 996a. for like 323 installed. and the viper is around 399-450 installed.

so in reality your actually paying for there name.

so from an installers point of view that installs both alarms is that a good enough explanation for you??

I recently purchased and installed the APS-996A on my Cobra and love it. I have always been a big DEI security fan using them exclusively in the past. A recent issue of CA&E swayed my decision on the new Viper though. IT was pitted against the Prestige and the Prestige pretty much wiped the floor with the Viper. March 05 is the issue if anyone wants to research it. Needless to say, I'm very happy with the Prestige.

So right now I was deciding which one,

Prestige 996a

and

Viper 791xv

More people are saying the prestige so im really thinking it over because I was going to buy the Viper from all the people saying they love it.

is there anything that the Viper has that the Prestige doesnt?

So right now I was deciding which one,
Prestige 996a

and

Viper 791xv

More people are saying the prestige so im really thinking it over because I was going to buy the Viper from all the people saying they love it.

is there anything that the Viper has that the Prestige doesnt?

Less channels and less range from the remote. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

And a higher price.

ok lets start with the lower end alarms.DEI feels like being cheap and just having there name on it and having the shock sensor built into the brain. what does that do you ask?

when you have the shock sensor in the alarm brain you have to make the brain easy to access to change the sensor if you have to. now keep in mind this is for the basic features. so what happens when you have an alarm that is easy to access. means its easy to disable. if you can find the brain no problem then what stops you from unplugging it.

now with audiovox or prestige alarms they all come with seperate shock sensors. so you can have the brain locted in a completely different place. there remotes i think look alot better also.

they are similar except the remote is ugly as hell on the viper. and it only comes with one remote. where as the prestige comes with a 2way and a 1 way remote so you have a back up incase you loose or break the other one. the replacement for the viper is $150. msrp.

and the DEI has a relay module that you have to hook up for the remote start and the starter kill.

The prestige has everything built in and you can hook up the start kill and hide it in a different location.

the prestige remote and the viper remote have about the same range so that is fine.

the prestige has a clock on it, parking timer, temperature in the car, remote start countdown and you can disable the shock sensor.

the viper does not tell you how long your car is remote started for. and it doesnt have any of the other features that the prestige remote has. also its an ugly 2d model of the car.

with the prestige depending on your climate you can have your car remote start when the temp hits a certain range to make it easier for you car. so in really cold climates it can remote start to keep the engine warm.

now some of the features that the prestige has might be pointless to you, but in reality you actually getting more features for the price you are paying for.

and at BB we sell the audiovox ax900 same thing as the 996a. for like 323 installed. and the viper is around 399-450 installed.

so from an installers point of view that installs both alarms is that a good enough explanation for you??

those features of the prestige sound just like some of my compustar features, so let me tell you original poster, go for the prestige. The features are awesome, absolutely awesome. Im very happy with my compustar, it was expensive and I was very nervous about spending that much at the time, but now i dont even think about it.

I did crack my compustar 2way remote though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif its still fully functional, its just an annoying crack. Is like $130 for a new one, although I do have a backup 1way.

good luck!

yea i heard the compustar was a good one. i just really dislike DEI. even though we sell them i still will not sell it to a customer....

i cant sell something that i dont like myself. and thats kinda why i dont do sells

ok lets start with the lower end alarms.DEI feels like being cheap and just having there name on it and having the shock sensor built into the brain. what does that do you ask?

hey what is the model number on this certain alarm ..my girl gunna buy me one and this sounds pretty **** good!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.