Kicker vs Rockford vs Alpine

Status
Not open for further replies.
better can be had for bout the same price.......

the alpine speakers dont sound bad tho... type Rs

alot of ppl like the type R's subs, not bad bang for buck...but better can be had!! :->

ok so i recently got a system but the subs are garbage and i knew this from the beggining but i liked the box. These are the subs.

Amazon.com: NEW DUAL BP1204 DUAL 12" BANDPASS SUBWOOFER WITH BOX (CAR STEREO SUBS): Office Products

The subs are only about 600w rms and i have a hifonics HFi1000 Hfi Series D-Class Mono Amplifier the specs are 1 x 475 @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 750 @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1000 @ 1 OHM... i have these subs running at 4ohms right now. ok so the problem is... i want to put this amp up to 1 ohm but i dont know what subs to replace the duals with..? what subs go to 1 ohm? also can i still use the same amp wire kit? i bought this one..

MEMPHIS 8GKIT REAL 8 GAUGE AMPLIFIER INSTALL KIT *NEW** on eBay!

its a memphis 8 awg kit.. it says 300w i dont know why since i think i had it on more then that.

so overall.. i need to know what are some good subs for cheap that will go to 1ohm at 1000w.. and also what amp wiring kit to get..? if you have any websites of closeout or factory manufactured subs let me know for sure.

also.. if i want to install another box of 10s will they work with this amp and the 12s together i know its a mono amp but im not sure how exactly that works.

That wire should be fine i personaly would run 4 gauge wire but as long as its true 8 gauge wire it should do the job but memphis makes good stuff so you should be good. but wiring it to one ohm depends on if your gonna deffinitly get the other 2 10's or not bc if your running 2 subs you would run 2 4ohm dual voice coil subs and you can wire them to 1 ohm but if you have 4 subs and theyre all dual 4ohm subs then you can wire them to .5 ohms or 2 ohms but not one so if your gona have 4 subs eventually you should get single 4 ohm subs and it kinda works out perfectly too bc if you get 2 for now then they can be wired at 2 ohms for now and when you get the other 2 then when theyre all hooked up they can be wired at 1 ohm

What do you guys think Kicker vs RF vs Alpine subs speakers and amps wanna do a whole system but nothin special just entry level stuff.
Kicker L7 > Alpine Type R Whats your budget though?

ok so i recently got a system but the subs are garbage and i knew this from the beggining but i liked the box. These are the subs.
Amazon.com: NEW DUAL BP1204 DUAL 12" BANDPASS SUBWOOFER WITH BOX (CAR STEREO SUBS): Office Products

The subs are only about 600w rms and i have a hifonics HFi1000 Hfi Series D-Class Mono Amplifier the specs are 1 x 475 @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 750 @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1000 @ 1 OHM... i have these subs running at 4ohms right now. ok so the problem is... i want to put this amp up to 1 ohm but i dont know what subs to replace the duals with..? what subs go to 1 ohm? also can i still use the same amp wire kit? i bought this one..

its a memphis 8 awg kit.. it says 300w i dont know why since i think i had it on more then that.

so overall.. i need to know what are some good subs for cheap that will go to 1ohm at 1000w.. and also what amp wiring kit to get..? if you have any websites of closeout or factory manufactured subs let me know for sure.

also.. if i want to install another box of 10s will they work with this amp and the 12s together i know its a mono amp but im not sure how exactly that works.
Also with your amp its a mono amp so each sub is only getting half of that 750w so that means each sub see's 375 a piece. I had those dual's before theyre not that bad but the low quality you could sell them on your local craigslist easy I reccomend just getting one hq 12 and run it at 2ohms

That wire should be fine i personaly would run 4 gauge wire but as long as its true 8 gauge wire it should do the job but memphis makes good stuff so you should be good. but wiring it to one ohm depends on if your gonna deffinitly get the other 2 10's or not bc if your running 2 subs you would run 2 4ohm dual voice coil subs and you can wire them to 1 ohm but if you have 4 subs and theyre all dual 4ohm subs then you can wire them to .5 ohms or 2 ohms but not one so if your gona have 4 subs eventually you should get single 4 ohm subs and it kinda works out perfectly too bc if you get 2 for now then they can be wired at 2 ohms for now and when you get the other 2 then when theyre all hooked up they can be wired at 1 ohm
You sir have lots to learn. You should be talking him out of mixing sub sizes, not recommendations for how to mix them more wisely lol.

Firstly, I wouldn't bother putting any additional time into your current setup. Save up more money and get proper equipment or wait till this current system fries on you. No subs will ever sound good in that box. Just buy two dual 4 ohm subs or one dual 2 ohm sub, build a new box, and be happy. The amp isn't terrible and can definitely have a purpose when matched with the right sub or subs. You can't run 1K watts on 8awg wire. If you have no intentions of ever running more than 1K, just buy this kit:

4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

well i was doing the system for someone elses car but im not doin it anymore but...i needa get 3 new 10's cause the foam surround on my jls tore apart, what do you guys think i should get.Im not lookin to spend too much really but i dont wanna buy gargage. and im powering them with a thunder 6500d.

Owned all 3 brands. Kicker ***** nowadays , especially the speakers. Fosgate is alright if you buy the higher end models. Alpine is still alive and kicking though. Decent amps , decent subs , and decent speakers. I vote alpine.

Owned all 3 brands. Kicker ***** nowadays , especially the speakers. Fosgate is alright if you buy the higher end models. Alpine is still alive and kicking though. Decent amps , decent subs , and decent speakers. I vote alpine.
this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Tmuffs

Tmuffs
Smithtown NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied