Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRooster
10+ year member

Bassheads Unite
Review of Subwoofer or Speaker: MA Audio MA121XQ 12" DVC Subwoofer

Hello all. Who doesn't love decent-priced, heavy banging subs? I don't think anybody doesn't enjoy them as much as I do! Well this subwoofer is EXACTLY what you're looking for if you don't want to spend over 70$ and you want something that can take some pretty decent power, and beat your vehicle apart and sound great while doing so!

To start off with, I got this sub about 8 or 9 months ago, and I had two of them (but only one in my truck) and because of they were very old and some mistakes I've made with the wattage too them, they are no longer with us 3. But I promise you, if you want a subwoofer that can take around 800 watts of clean power like I was giving them, you will be better off with this sub.

The one big downside is, they're very hard to find. They aren't being made anymore, but luckily I found a website that still has some! I have two videos that have these subs in them, and keep in mind the boxes they're in are SEALED and were still pretty dang loud. I would love to hear these in ported boxes. Here's the link to video one with ONE of these subs running on about 300 watts will do to a single-cab truck: Watch the volume! Turn it down you will have to I promise! Video 1 with 1 sub and truck: lost gorilla zoe demo - YouTube

And here's a video of the same sub, except there are two of them in a 1987 Toyota Camry, running on ONLY 160 watts to each sub!!! My Clunker & Demo! ONLY 160 WATT SYSTEM!!! - YouTube

They are cheap subs that can take around 1,000 Watts of CLEAN DISTORTIONLESS power and will keep you satisfied for as long as you want!

These subs have 2 4ohm Voicecoils for many varieties of wiring, I had them wired down to 2 ohms.

Here are the specifications: Size: 12 Inches

Power Handling Capabilities:

600 Watts Power Handling

300 Watts RMS Power Handling

(^ Both underrated I promise)

High Profile Triple Treated Surround

Black Powder Coated Stamped Steel Basket

Copper Wound Black Anodized Aluminum Voice Coils

Dual Laminated Cotton Spider

Rubber Sealant Gasket

Vented Bumped Back Plate

60 Oz. Strontium Magnet

Platinum Plated Block Terminals

Sensitivity: 88.36dB

Impedance: 4 Ohm Dual Voice Coil

Mounting Depth: 5.5"

Mounting Diameter: 11.75"

Optimum Vented Box: 3.0 Cu/Ft

Optimum Sealed Box: 1.0 - 1.5 Cu/Ft

These subs online cost only 65$, which isn't bad because Sony Xplods cost 60$ and I promise you they are 5 times better than sony xplods. These subs have some pretty great excursion, very flexible surround so they will move a long ways before they bottom out. (Did I mention I did the lighter trick with a wind resistant zippo with these subs and it blew the lighter out instantly? Yeah it happened!)

These subs remind of of the old 80 style subwoofers by the way they look and move, and they look great I think! Here's a picture of the subwoofer!
Image.aspx

They look great, and are overall a good sub. If you take care of them, you will not have to worry about blowing them, price doesn't always equal quality, in my honest opinion these subs are worth at LEAST 120$ each.

So if you're looking for a good budget sub that will take up to 1,000 watts of clean power, then this sub is definitely what you need. And in a good ported box, I bet these things will SLAM! I know they would in a sealed box!

Website to buy for 65$: MA Audio MA121XQ 600 Watt 12 inch DVC Car Subwoofer: MA121XQ A&G Custom Motoring- source of car audio | car video| wheel | tire | car navigation | car security | marin audio | car iPod | car mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BigRooster

10+ year member
Bassheads Unite
BigRooster
Dobson, NC
Start date
Participants