Kicker 10" Sub not sounding as good as it should

Here is a picture of the port if it helps. View attachment 39039
That's not a port its just a hole. That being said there is nothing wrong with trying to get some bump in the trunk and doing it yourself. Everyone here started out and some were great and some ******, but everyone had to start. I would seal up that hole like others have said, also caulk the box on the inside all the way around. A good box will play loud even if the components aren't top tier. That's a decent sub and the amp should be enough. Your main concern should be getting some 4 gauge power wire to the amp, then some 4 gauge wire for the ground, and make sure its a good ground. I also recommend doing the "Big Three," its listed everywhere on here when you search. The big 3 three will help you get the most power and best possible ground from your setup.

What ohm load do you have your sub wired to?
The Boss amp is pretty weak

When you are ready to upgrade your amp
I'll recommend a JP8 amplifier. Great value, puts out more power than it is rated for.

It's $200 at
www.down4soundshop.com

Pretty popular website to get serious gear.

I'm running a harmony HA-A400.1 pushing a pair of 200w blaupunkt 8's in my truck. It's not a bad amp and has enough power to make the cheap subs sound pretty good. It's like $100 on Amazon. If you're looking for low budget option. I'd run a harmony amp in my daily driver but the crossovers ain't the best.

How big/round is that hole? Maybe you could get the measurements of the box, determine the volume and then put a pvc pipe in the hole. Cut the length of the pipe to desired/needed tuning.
Id Aero-Port it to the rear if wanted to try porting. Sub rear Port rear in trunk space.. Seal that Montrosity up on the side. Id get a piece of 1.50" PVC approx 7" long ,and start from there.May end up fine after pulling and marking and cutting til tuned to where it meets his liking, Put back in and silicone around that. Done/Tuned.Deff get at least get a 300-400 watt mono amp.. Man thats got to sound like pure azz fo sho 👀👀:poop:

Well, I'd assume it's a 4 ohm load bc the sub says its 4ohm DVC
Wire the sub EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN THE 2 OHM WIRING DIAGRAM.

You can still wire a DVC4 ohm sub to a 4 ohm load by wiring only one set of coils on one side(+ to + and - to -) to the amplifier. Keep in mind that the sub can only handle 1/2 the RMS power that it is rated for. Wired as a single voice coil 4 ohm sub

Here is a picture of the port if it helps. View attachment 39039

Id Aero-Port it to the rear if wanted to try porting. Sub rear Port rear in trunk space.. Seal that Montrosity up on the side. Id get a piece of 1.50" PVC approx 7" long ,and start from there.May end up fine after pulling and marking and cutting til tuned to where it meets his liking, Put back in and silicone around that. Done/Tuned.Deff get at least get a 300-400 watt mono amp.. Man thats got to sound like pure azz fo sho 👀👀:poop:
yeah I'm looking at a 400 watt RMS amp now. Now realizing that Boss might not be it :(

So it can be wired to either 2 ohm or 8 ohm.
Maybe you have it wired to 8 ohm and that could be why it sounds weak. Is your Boss amp capable of driving a 2 ohm load?
It says it can run MAX POWER at 2ohms 1100 watts but I have no idea how much that is in "Boss's Watts RMS" terms so...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...