Kicker 10" Sub not sounding as good as it should

pcuaz21

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all, I have a kicker 10" subwoofer 4 ohm DVC that I just installed with a Boss R1100M amplifier and it doesn't sound as good as I think it should. It works and it sounds decent but I know it can sound a lot better. I have 8 gauge wiring to it as well. Would appreciate some help!

1st things 1st get rid of that 8 gauge wire 2nd if you're able to get a new amp get rid of that boss Power is everything and almost doesn't matter what you run if you don't have proper power it's not gonna sound good at all So at least get some 4 gauge wire And see if that helps anything

Hello all, I have a kicker 10" subwoofer 4 ohm DVC that I just installed with a Boss R1100M amplifier and it doesn't sound as good as I think it should. It works and it sounds decent but I know it can sound a lot better. I have 8 gauge wiring to it as well. Would appreciate some help!
What kind of enclosure is the sub in, and what are the dimensions? What model is the sub? What vehicle is it in? A pic may help

What kind of enclosure is the sub in, and what are the dimensions? What model is the sub? What vehicle is it in? A pic may help
Yes, the sub is in a ported box with 1.3 cubic feet of volume inside. It is a Kicker 10" CompC sub in a 2008 honda civic si. It is located in the trunk facing rearwards with the amp on the side. I will mention that I have a LOC on top of the box from the factory sub wiring into RCA wiring.
IMG_3120.jpg
IMG_3122.jpg

Doesn't look like your box is sealed completely. That'll hurt what you're sub can do.
Looks like it isnt sealed to me either. $0.99-$1.50 Tube of Caulk should do fine. I do not see a PORT on the Enclosure at all?? Looks SEALED to me and Not Burch Wood or MDF.. More like Pressed wood. May be ok for a sub under 600 rms @5/8" or thicker if you can not get a hold of Ply wood or MDF or Birch. And it is Painted on Outside should help. Itll work. We used Plywood back in the day 5/8 up to 1.50". That wood is not very Acoustics worthy to begin with. Im sure it leaks some where. Sub Rear PORT Rear in trunk space.
Majority 10inch Kickers Ive installed and used myself like 1.4-1.6 sealed and 1.6-1.8 ported and around 35 htz. Id recommend sealing up/enclosing those Rear speakers, before they end up getting damaged by the subs pressure movement. Might even remove them all together to get some bass inside the cabin area may help

Kicker C-10 is a pretty decent sub. I put 4 older ones behind the seat of a 79 Chevy Single cab on a Autotek Mean Machine HC44 and it was pretty brute, 4 ch up front JBL GTQ400 on two sets of JBL 3 way 6x9s in the doors, a JBL GTQ100 on a set of PPI tweeters velcroed to dash. Did very well.
A cheap amplifier that would work? Id look at this one for the price for that single sub. May look at a 4 ga Sky High OFC amp kit?

If you plan on adding another sub of the same? Id recommend this for a few $s more for the future power for a pair of these subs.
They have a Dyno Vid to check out also.You will need 4 ga supply and ground for this amplifier

Looks like it isnt sealed to me either. $0.99-$1.50 Tube of Caulk should do fine. I do not see a PORT on the Enclosure at all?? Looks SEALED to me and Not Burch Wood or MDF.. More like Pressed wood. May be ok for a sub under 600 rms @5/8" or thicker if you can not get a hold of Ply wood or MDF or Birch. And it is Painted on Outside should help. Itll work. We used Plywood back in the day 5/8 up to 1.50". That wood is not very Acoustics worthy to begin with. Im sure it leaks some where. Sub Rear PORT Rear in trunk space.
Majority 10inch Kickers Ive installed and used myself like 1.4-1.6 sealed and 1.6-1.8 ported and around 35 htz. Id recommend sealing up/enclosing those Rear speakers, before they end up getting damaged by the subs pressure movement. Might even remove them all together to get some bass inside the cabin area may help
It is ported, it's just on the left side of the box which I didn't picture. Appreciate the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...