Keep Blowin' Type-R's

Are there any reputable shops near your house? You need a little help. For one thing don't use the bass boost. Ever. And don't adjust things like the gain while the music is "blaring". If I were you I'd make another thread and see if maybe there's someone near you that could give you a hand. Your subs are 600 watts a pc. by the way. Under powering them isn't going to be a problem but at the same time I think you might be expecting to much out of the amplifier and pushing them to hard. Someone had said you can't blow a sub underpowering it. Yes you can if clip the shit out of it....

If it was being underpowered I'm pretty sure he turned the gain up and the bass booster there for clipping it to death....... And box size will come into play also

One reason why I run mmats is that they have no bass boost so I don't have to use that.. I do try to get the most out of my cabin gain tho! :). All mmats has is gain and xover... Sometimes less is more...

If you have to have your bass boost all the way up to like the sound..... you need a much bigger amp. You don't have the power to push them like you want. Putting bass up on the headunit, loud on and bass boost all up on the amp, causes your amp to clip. Clipping will cause the amp to overdrive itself. It WILL be louder clipping like this because your amp is putting out more power. The problem is your amp is not designed to put out that power so it is dirty power. Dirty power causes heat. And heat killed your subs. BASS BOOST OFF!! loud off. Bass on headynit at least at 0. If you use these settings then set Yuri amp correctly, and it isn't loud to your liking.... you need a bigger amp period. On my setup now I got loud off. Bass neg as far as it goes, -6. Bass boost all the way down. Gain at a little over half. And because I got the power it pushes that sub hard.

Op... buy a bigger amp. I'd say look for one that does 1,500 rms at the impedance load you need.

Please take the advice given to you, TURN THE BOOST DOWN. turn your headunit up until the point of distortion, general rule of thumb is about 75% of your volume. Then with a test tone playing, probe the speaker terminals to check for AC voltage and get it to put out the proper power. Your subs may slam with bass boost cranked, but they are dying from getting clipped. I bet it sounds like azz as well.

And you are setting the amp silently? U scared to play music or somethin wtf?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.