NEW to car audio..for the most part

Camarillo
10+ year member

So irecently bought a Mmats Juggernaut 15.

and...

im confused as to what ibought.

all iknew when ibought it was it was 1400rms.

what ido not know is that if it is 1 or 2 ohm...or 4? idoubt 4 though.

it has a positive and a negative on one side and another positive and negative on the other side..so is it 1 or 2..or 4!?

im also having a problem figuring out what im going to power it with..

ive seen a hifonics amp 1800rms at 1 ohm, 1200rms at 2ohm and 650 at 4 ohm off sonics's wbsite

the thing is..what if the jugg ends up being 1 ohm..isnt 1800 too much power?

is it possible to set the "1ohm" sub at 2 ohm and feed it 1200? or does it just not work that way?

ive been looking for something like my question^^^ all over the internet and cant find similar thoughts.

ithink things will be easier if someone can tell me what the heck ibought with the picture attached.

also..does anyone know what the jugg can max out at?---most ican feed it

as-in...whats the highest amp ishould possibly get...once one of you guys figures out for sure what the sub is.

P.S. iforgot to ask, ithink ibought an older jugg...are the new ones the same or is mine the same? or a bit different. just so ican base off the pdf file on their website on this jugg..

thanks to whoever, if anybody reads this. and help out a newb

because honestly idont understand much....BASS GOES BOOM

View attachment 26537878

Why are you putting "I" attached to the next word, like an apple product? Shit that bothers me.

Test each coil, each pair of inputs on either side of the sub, with a multimeter and see what the resistance of each is.

Do you have a multimeter? If so take it and measure the resistance between your positive and negative hookups on your sub, that will tell you your resistance, whether it is 1, 2 or 4 ohm(or whatever).

With a dvc sub you have a few options of wiring it to get the ohm load you want on your amplifier.

^^^This. Go get a cheap DMM from Radio Shack or wherever (maybe 10-15 bucks for a cheap one) and it'll tell you what impedance the Jug is....

so I bought the multimeter and now I don't know what to set it to..on the resistance side there is a 200, 2000, 20k..etc up to 2000k..what do I set it as?

so wait the first guy said to get a high end amp. you say cheaper..

AHHH!

and iwas thinkin hifonics.

now the only thing left is to know whats the max ishould get in an amp...as in..is a 1800rms at 1 ohm hifonics too much for it?

also anyone know how to build a box for this? isnt it cheaper to build one? a lot more difficult I suppose.

sorry, I dont want to keep this post/thread to last forever but just those questions would be great for someone to comment on.

and BTW thanks to those who helped me figure this out.. I appreciate it.

I don't know crap about specific brands of amps, I would go with a quality amp someone will chime in. @mylows10;

You want to have a box built/designed for your sub, the prefab generic boxes do no sub any justice. There are guys that can design a box for you and you can build it from there plans or they can design and build it for you and ship it to you.

I don't know crap about specific brands of amps, I would go with a quality amp someone will chime in. @mylows10;

You want to have a box built/designed for your sub, the prefab generic boxes do no sub any justice. There are guys that can design a box for you and you can build it from there plans or they can design and build it for you and ship it to you.

ok I see.

well I'll check every once in a while back if anyone else has something to say. ithink 100 is around how much for a box right? or a bit higher?

I'll keep you guys updated on what I end up doing and the progress.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.