Just want to rant for amin about CA for me this weekend...

[quote name='Volvowith18psi']@40.... Nice man, Im also looking for fellow car audio heads to get with and do things!! No, I dont want to be the loudest in town, and I know for a fact I wolnt be. I met a guy through another site who tuned my current stuff for me, had 2 15's lv5 on 9k in like a caverlier, **** was balls loud! lol.

@hispls... I really hope thats some good news, your saying I shouldnt have to ship the alt back to have it modified to work with the AVM from Mechman? I thought they had to moddify the internals for those to work....[/QUOTE]

Assuming your Jeep is similar to mine, you will need to cut the wire into the alt from the factory regulator and use the input from one of these critters:
911-02 R Regulator [911-02R] - $110.00 : H2O Instruments & Marine Electronics, H2O Makes Everything Go!!!
^^^ Also cheapest price I've seen.

Not rocket science to hook up, just need good solid B+ and ground connections for it to work properly.

@ Dr. Slam Please do!!! I would love to see that all hooked up and installed. Being that its Sunday and I cannot call Mechman about that AVM thingy they make.

Do you know if they even offer that option for our rides alt?

Did a little more checking, and its confirmed the PCM is def. lowering the voltage. Did a full load test just now (AC +blower @ full, headlights, heated seats, wipers, system @ full tilt on a bass mechanik 40hrz tone) voltage never dropped below 13.7 @ idle on the battery terms. I got a few peaks around 14.1 MAX @ reved upto 2k with the same load. Voltage was checked @ battery terms and alt studs.

Few pics just for fun. 2yr old Yellow top still resting @ 12.8 + mechman installed. Big 3 and Alt specfic ground connections.

2012-06-179514-52-0795793.jpg

2012-06-179514-52-3195167.jpg

2012-06-179514-52-5595102.jpg

I am kinda excited to see what the SA-12's will take daily though(Have them now on an SAE 1200Dv2@1ohm), as the amps will be the 1st purchase when the time comes me thinks...
Thanks for the words of encouragement along the lines of the charging volts, I been fearing with the mid 13s charge, voltage dro to high 11/low 12's, impedance rise, meaning these expensive amps will be no where close to their true potential of output.
I've got my single SA-10 on 1200w for over a year now, no problems.

To account for the impedance rise, I'd suggest wiring at .5ohm.

Also, I'm sure XS Power wouldn't know if you happened to charge your battery a little higher one time... I wouldn't pay twice as much for a battery if I had to use their retarded proprietary charger too. Some DieHard Platinums are looking awesome right now.

Small update: Talked to Mechman, and I will be sending my alt back to have it fitted with their AVBM thingy. Little cautious as they said I may get a battery dummy light pop on the dash, however, I guess we will find out in a few weeks. Ill keep you guys updated with everything...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.