trying again to do a system. 2022 bronco tried a system this weekend and failed..

awesome. thanks

Side question.. you guys think after i get these 10 working properly I'm going to want better? The friend helping me says they are nice speakers but compared to some other stuff out there... they fall short.

For example he recommended I sell those and get the 500watt RMS(don't remember the model) rated sundown 10" and that they would blow these Type-R's away.
Type Rs are nothing to sneeze at, they play musically while still having good punch. I have never heard the SD series but I doubt they will outperform the Type Rs.
I just looked at that Sundown and I think it may not suit your needs. I think it is a full bridge amplifier. Those are finicky when it comes to the power source. I think a half bridge will suit you better, it is very forgiving when it comes to power fluctuations.

Hey guys... what am i doing wrong?

Sundown amp is hooked up and it sounds horrible :(

I hooked it up as seen in the pic below. quick rundown

2-10" Alpine type-R DVC@4ohm
1-sundown 2000D V.3
1-sealed box .84 sqft per side.

If I'm not mistaken, I have them ran down to 1ohm which is what was suggested.

This amp moves those 10" quite easily.. I only have the amp up about 1/2 way.. actually just a little under 1/2 way and its moving those 10" all over the place but there is no bass.. my mirror is barely vibrating.

Am I doing something wrong? I have played with the HPF and LPF and there is just no bass.

Thanks for any help guys. just trying to figure it out but kinda thinking .... just forget it for having some bass in my bronco 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 16

1-sundown 2000D V.3

This amp moves those 10" quite easily.. I only have the amp up about 1/2 way.. actually just a little under 1/2 way and its moving those 10" all over the place but there is no bass.. my mirror is barely vibrating.

Am I doing something wrong? I have played with the HPF and LPF and there is just no bass.

Thanks for any help guys. just trying to figure it out but kinda thinking .... just forget it for having some bass in my bronco 🤦‍♂️
I dont think you are doing anything wrong. The only thing that keeps those subs from performing at theyre best is the enclosure they are in. It sounds like you want a bit more lows out of the subs, and my recommendation is to place them in a tuned and ported enclosure. Subs up port up, or subs rear port rear. Those Type Rs are some dammned good subs,but they need a good tuned enclosure to serve justice. If you can use a drill and follow a cut sheet.. Id recommend a Glue and Screw it enclosure from GP Audio. Every enclosure Ive gotten has been excellent and everything is labeled and easy to put together. I would choose the 33htz range. I dont think you will need a double baffle for those subs, but it would be a bit more rigid, but not necessary(and prob $15-20 more). Let those subs serve some justice!! Great subs!

1-sundown 2000D V.3

Wire the subs as shown in this wiring diagram to the 1ohm load and use 1 speaker terminal @ the amplifier. Try that before you buy another enclosure and see if that serves your needs

Wire the subs as shown in this wiring diagram to the 1ohm load and use 1 speaker terminal @ the amplifier. Try that before you buy another enclosure and see if that serves your needs

I will try the re-wire first and see if that makes a difference.

Above it was suggested to used a sealed box for these speakers so that's why i bought this new box.. I'm so frustrated with this. :(

Above it was suggested to used a sealed box for these speakers so that's why i bought this new box.. I'm so frustrated with this. :(
Very good man. Yes .Try the wiring first and see if that serves you well. Ported and tuned enclosures for me always seem to serve me well. Depends on the sub/subs, but Ported takes less power to get the subs moving. Tuning is everything and environment as well.

Well.. Space saving and limiting the subs environment most go for a sealed application. Though a ported enclosure takes up space its a better performer IMO and experiencing to get a sub tuned properly to serve. Another space saver and to get a tuned enclosure is to look at an Aero-Ported enclosure that takes a little less space than a full ported enclosure.

You can drill a 1/2"-3/8" hole from chamber 1 to chamber 2 to feed the wires through and use one speaker terminal to the amplifier. It will not affect anything noticeable on output from the subs and will make it easier to wire properly for you. if you are concerned or OCD about the hole, just simply hit and seal with silicone on both sides of the chambers, but It shouldnt be an issue

You can drill a 1/2"-3/8" hole from chamber 1 to chamber 2 to feed the wires through and use one speaker terminal to the amplifier. It will not affect anything noticeable on output from the subs and will make it easier to wire properly for you. if you are concerned or OCD about the hole, just simply hit and seal with silicone on both sides of the chambers, but It shouldnt be an issue
I was thinking the same thing

I understand the power can differ (I think) when you run the speakers at different ohms but does the sound change as well? I wired up the speakers as per the diagram above and still no bass.

Everything is wired up correctly and the amp moves the 10's with ease but i was getting more "bass" out of smaller amp then this sundown. I can hear a little thump in there rear vs with my much lesser crunch amp I could hear and feel the bass all around me. with this new amp and running it at 1-ohm.. it just feels like I'm moving the speakers and that's all.

I understand the power can differ (I think) when you run the speakers at different ohms but does the sound change as well? I wired up the speakers as per the diagram above and still no bass.

Everything is wired up correctly and the amp moves the 10's with ease but i was getting more "bass" out of smaller amp then this sundown. I can hear a little thump in there rear vs with my much lesser crunch amp I could hear and feel the bass all around me. with this new amp and running it at 1-ohm.. it just feels like I'm moving the speakers and that's all.
Im not a fan of S.Down, and everyone knows why. I wouldnt buy a screw from them.
#1. The enclosure is everything when it comes to the performance of a sub/subwoofers to get them to perform at theyre best, and to ones liking. Ive taken an old Hifonics VII Cyclops and ran @2ohms(approx 500 watts0 and ran a single American Bass XFL DVC4 ohm 12 in a 2.0 cu. Ft enclosure tuned to 32htz and it slammed I even used an old Autotek Mean machine 99,and even a 44hc,and tried a Autotek BTS 7150.
I would try a tuned enclosure to get the subs to serve some Justice. Sale the enclosure you have and place funds towards the new enclosure recovery. Give that amplifier another chance. if it still doesnt perform to your expectations, I would take a look at a CT sounds Mono amplifier and sell off that S.Down amplifier and recovery funds as well for the CT amp. I run 1 of two 2ks on a pair of S.Qubed HDS310s in a 4.0@32 HTZ and it sounds excellent for my Temp setup, and the CT Sounds 150.4. Great amps for the $ so far over a year. But try one the enclosures Ive recommended. Those subs need to Breathe to perform

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...