Rant "...die for your country at 18..." STFU

1seanv

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 13, 2022
The root of gun violence lies in the purposeful moral degradation of this country and its citizens.

Without the right foundation- all is
permitted and can be self-justified.

But of course, a large percentage of the population will immediately dismiss that fact because they receive not the love of the truth.

When people cannot say what is a woman - YOU GOT PROBLEMS.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Certifications and classes are not a bad thing and I am not sure why anyone would take it personally. Training a person to know the parts of a firearm, best safe practices, cleaning, storage, self defense and use of a firearm. Just because a person is able to purchase a gun or rifle doesn't mean they are smart enough to own it or use it safely. Nobody is born with the knowledge of how to use a gun in their DNA.

I would rather have knowledgeable and educated gun owners as apposed to some random assshat know it all who has no clue. Everybody thinks they know best. The reason we have so many laws is because you DON'T know best and somebody had to make a law to protect someone else. There is no reason to be against being smarter with a gun.

deez283

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Apr 29, 2009
Certifications and classes are not a bad thing and I am not sure why anyone would take it personally. Training a person to know the parts of a firearm, best safe practices, cleaning, storage, self defense and use of a firearm. Just because a person is able to purchase a gun or rifle doesn't mean they are smart enough to own it or use it safely. Nobody is born with the knowledge of how to use a gun in their DNA.

I would rather have knowledgeable and educated gun owners as apposed to some random assshat know it all who has no clue. Everybody thinks they know best. The reason we have so many laws is because you DON'T know best and somebody had to make a law to protect someone else. There is no reason to be against being smarter with a gun.
Nobody said having classes, certifications, or knowledge is a bad thing..

On the flips side having, Classes,Certifications, and knowledge doesn't mean you will never commit murder..

It's a morals thing not a knowledge thing..

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
Nobody said having classes, certifications, or knowledge is a bad thing..

On the flips side having, Classes,Certifications, and knowledge doesn't mean you will never commit murder..

It's a morals thing not a knowledge thing..
It means the more people are educated about guns the less afraid they may be of them and the more likely they will not be helpless victims crying about gun laws.

Reactions: audiobaun

deez283

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Apr 29, 2009
It means the more people are educated about guns the less afraid they may be of them and the more likely they will not be helpless victims crying about gun laws.
I've never met anybody afraid of guns but maybe a few old ladies..

Buying a 22 for your son or daughters 5th birthday is pretty normal around my area..

But then again most of the people I know who own guns have them for hunting and not for protection.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
5,000+ posts
Jun 8, 2018
I've never met anybody afraid of guns but maybe a few old ladies..

Buying a 22 for your son or daughters 5th birthday is pretty normal around my area..

But then again most of the people I know who own guns have them for hunting and not for protection.
Most people that I have spoken to about guns, that were afraid of them, were afraid out of ignorance. They had little knowledge of them other than what they had heard or seen on news channels. It's always nice to see that smile when a virgin fires a shotgun for the first time or a .308.

JustBri

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 13, 2022
This guy took the point of "You are not mature enough @ 18" that I've been squawking forever now & built on it in ways that just make me want to say, "and yeah!" (With a stern faced head nod & hands on hips)😂🤣👍🏼👍🏼

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently many people here struggle with reading comprehension. My point is capitalized twice in my initial post. In fact, it is the title of this thread.

I didn't start with "veterans deserve guns and nonveterans don't!".

I ABSOLUTELY think there should be military exemptions to gun restrictions, and properly-trained people should also be exempt from gun restrictions, but I don't agree with gun restrictions to begin with. Reread my first post and try not to get wrapped around the axle.

I provided my veteran status in the same paragraph I listed other qualifications merely to emphasize that I'm not anti-gun.

I still have no sympathy for those who expect others to protect their rights. Nut up or shut up.

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
I'm not saying an individual with military experience should have more rights and/or privilege when it comes to firearms. I'm not attacking your ideas and feelings toward the subject either. Quite the opposite is true. I actually have an open mind and value the opinions, life experiences and knowledge of others because I need those in order to make the world I'm responsible a better place for everyone I affect.

I agree....people who serve and those who do not/didn't serve should have the right to purchase a firearm. Military members after the draft volunteered to serve and protect the country and constitution just as I did. I don't want my rights infringed upon and I strongly defend protecting the rights of EVERY American. Everyone should be afforded the same rights afforded by our Constitution.

I also want a safer world in which we live so I'm willing to do my part by making some sacrifices and I'm willing to have some laws changed/amended in order to make our world safer. History has shown us that as time goes on, the world changes. Sometimes laws become outdated and need to be changed.

When I joined the service I was 18 and was shocked when I realized that there were so many countries in this world that laugh at Americans and their citizen's feeling of entitlement and their laughable ways of interpreting laws to fit their wants/needs depending on the current cultural situation. Many places have been established countries for THOUSANDS of years longer than 1776 and they know that very way of thinking doesn't work. Just like anything in life, we should learn from history and the experiences of others or we're doomed to repeat their mistakes. America is learning the hard way. The gun violence statistics don't lie.

You were fortunate to get the .22 at young age. Its wonderful to see that you were responsible enough to learn how to use/maintain and properly operate it. You also seem to have a solid work ethic which requires strong morals and values. You're the kind of person that makes the world a better place. My issue is that there are too many gun owners who lack sound ethics, morals, values, and life experiences. There are many more who weren't taught right from wrong and lack a proper parental figure. Our society/culture is who's raising these people based on their local environments. These are the people who, because its legal to do so, own firearms and in turn often times make the world more dangerous. I think we have the community responsibility to do something in order to alter the gun violence trends.

I'm not saying people who are legally allowed to purchase a firearm should be put through the ringer in order to own a firearm but maybe they should have some sort of minimal training in order to be a responsible owner. Maybe a written test that must be passed? You wouldn't need to carry a firearm license but there would be a record of you passing the test just like there's a record of your background check. You know, similar to the written portion of the Driver's license program.

Here's the main problem in my experience and in my extremely humble opinion. There are millions of irresponsible gun owners out there that own guns because its legal to do so. Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

I think if a few more safeguards are put in place I can confidently say that our country will be safer and gun violence and crime will be lower. Associated crimes, weapon smuggling and other activities related to gun activity will be reduced.

Have an open mind when you read this: I have been in numerous countries both civilized and non-civilized. War torn countries, developing countries and even countries more socially advanced than the US. I've done some research and discovered what actually works in those countries across the world. I learned that we humans tend to have tunnel vision and only see what affects us in our own town/back yards. When we have an open mind and listen to the opinions, experiences and ideas of others from a wide range of people, we can more likely than not compromise and come to a resolution that betters everyone.
You don't have to tiptoe around the nay-sayers. It's cool he got a gun at 6. That's not common. We shouldn't create laws for his rare situation any more than we should create laws for the rare losers who think they'll be cool if they kill people.

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
you are simply advocating for classism

and remember, there are those of us who would love to serve our military but can not due to health reasons. Don't mean our rights should move up or down on a sliding scale.
"Classism"? Sounds like a new word. Job applications ask about veteran status: is that "classism"?

Let's create another new word: "training-ism", since that's what I described. People TRAINED with a weapon should have easier access to that weapon.

Another new word that sounds fun is "clearancism", meaning selective information based on clearance. Do you support that as well? We should all be entitled to all information regardless of our clearance level!

Kayge

Apr 22, 2015
A lot of safe gun
"Classism"? Sounds like a new word. Job applications ask about veteran status: is that "classism"?

Let's create another new word: "training-ism", since that's what I described. People TRAINED with a weapon should have easier access to that weapon.

Another new word that sounds fun is "clearancism", meaning selective information based on clearance. Do you support that as well? We should all be entitled to all information regardless of our clearance level!
Classism is a real actual term that exists

I would really advise you to educate yourself on the meaning if you really want to have this discussion

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
A lot of safe gun

Classism is a real actual term that exists

I would really advise you to educate yourself on the meaning if you really want to have this discussion
Make a new thread if you want to discuss an irrelevant term.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Why shouldn't those who protect freedom have more privileges than those who enjoy freedom but won't defend it?
I understand your point. It's just like somebody who has a concealed carry permit has more rights than me because I don't have one. The first and second class citizen argument is dumb. I hang out with a guy who can own full auto weapons. I don't have that right.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads