just need a little help choosing an amp for midrange

Participant count
  • Participant list

ferretslim
10+ year member

Canada
i have 2 cadence 8" 4ohm cvl84mbx in the rear says 250w rms

2 cadence 6.5" 4ohm cvl64mbx in the front doors says 250w rms

right now i am using a passive crossover from a component set with my head unite set to 80hz

using a JL G4500 sounds pretty good but mids dong go very loud

i am just wonder if these 2 options will work or witch is best

option 1.

i think i want to try and go active with an amp that has a crossover built into it.

i has looking at Hifonics MT Olympus Boltar 2 channel and run 1 rear and one front left side in parralel 1 channel and othere side on the 2nd channel think i would get alot of power to them this way i think it would be a 2ohm load on the amp and amp is supposed to do 500w rms per channel

here is a pic of the crossover

Image Sheet

option 2

Hifonics MT Olympus Jupiter 4channel 125w per channel 4ohm

here is a pic of the crossover im just not sure never messed around with active crossover

Image Sheet

i dono if even either of these are a good option, i am on a bugget and trying to get some very loud mid range here. maybe someone can help point me in the right direction

thanks guys in advance

So I have ordered the 2 Channel hifonics Mt Olympus Bolton. Just need to figure out how to wire it up. Just run the 2x 8" mids run 350watts each at 4ohms or run 500 to 2 of them on each channel in parallel 2 ohm load on the amp

Man... confusion

Any input anyone?

So I have ordered the 2 Channel hifonics Mt Olympus Bolton. Just need to figure out how to wire it up. Just run the 2x 8" mids run 350watts each at 4ohms or run 500 to 2 of them on each channel in parallel 2 ohm load on the amp

Man... confusion

Any input anyone?

Cool thanks for your help man I am beyond excited to get this amp hooked up.

Is it hard to set the crossover? Might have to find some help here in town

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.