Joel's Chevy Truck Build

Really now? MDF is wayyy denser then any ply youll get I promise...
Yes, it is, but it is not structurally strong at all. Plywood is clearly superior in all respects here, especially hardwood plys or Baltic Birch. MDF would be superior for bracing as it is already compressed and simply would not provide any edge movement.

Yes, it is, but it is not structurally strong at all. Plywood is clearly superior in all respects here, especially hardwood plys or Baltic Birch. MDF would be superior for bracing as it is already compressed and simply would not provide any edge movement.
If you say so. Cabinet grade, and highend high dollar ply is very good, but standard pine/fur ply... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Pine I wouldn't even touch. Fir is a hardwood, very dense and heavy. G1S, Finishing Birch and Baltic are preferred.

So Far The Plans Are Going To Be A Prerunner Front Bumber A 4 Inch Lift Fox Shocks 35's And 17 Inch Black Rims Not Sure What Rims And Tires Yet. I Have Full Exhaust From The Manafold Back And An Intake Every Thing Has Been Shaved And Been Sprayed With Hok Jet Black With Red Pearl The Whole Truck Will Be Black When Its Done Inculding The Mirrors I Might Do A Fleet Side Box In The Spring So I Can Shave The Tail Lights As Far As The Interior Just Some Paint Here And There Thinking About An Original Nitendo And Some More Screens. Thanks For All The Compents And Feel Free To Ask Anymore Questions

So Far The Plans Are Going To Be A Prerunner Front Bumber A 4 Inch Lift Fox Shocks 35's And 17 Inch Black Rims Not Sure What Rims And Tires Yet. I Have Full Exhaust From The Manafold Back And An Intake Every Thing Has Been Shaved And Been Sprayed With Hok Jet Black With Red Pearl The Whole Truck Will Be Black When Its Done Inculding The Mirrors I Might Do A Fleet Side Box In The Spring So I Can Shave The Tail Lights As Far As The Interior Just Some Paint Here And There Thinking About An Original Nitendo And Some More Screens. Thanks For All The Compents And Feel Free To Ask Anymore Questions
nice truck, big plans. got ne better pics to show the hint of red?

Looks nice, needs a 6" lift and some 37" tires //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

** Update **
Joel responded with his equipment list:

Vehicle: 1999 GMC Sierra Extended Cab

Head Unit: Eclipse AVN 5500

Front Amp: Eclipse LPX 4001 (2)

Sub Amp: Memphis Audio 4000d

Tweeters: SEAS 27TFFNC/G NEO Fabric Dome (2)

Mid-Bass: Mach 5 Audio MLI-65 (4)

Subs: Mach 5 Audio SPL-15 (2)

Mid/High Crossover: Custom designed passive 2-way

He will be taking more pics this weekend.
mark the front amps are audison lpx 4001 one for each chanel

hey mark, i saw this truck coming home from the lake i think sept long weekend. i guess this explains the Mach 5 audio decall on the back! also whats up with the ply wood for boxes??
hey i never heard of the shop i would like to come by and check it out and thank for all the intrest

joel

hey mark, i saw this truck coming home from the lake i think sept long weekend. i guess this explains the Mach 5 audio decall on the back! also whats up with the ply wood for boxes??
hows the dash mod? ive been dying to put a double din in my 2000 silverado
i just bought a unaversal kit then i cut off the clips on the side of my old kit spaced them and glude them to the new kit the hard part is haveing the nerve to cut the suports out of your dash the midle suport has to go. then trim th plasic above and below the deck hard to dicribe if you want to do it let me now and i can take some pics and show you them. once its in you neade to trim the trim panal i dide this with a dreaml thean oce you cut the hell out of your truck your good just try it and you will be suprized its pritty easy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.