Jlw7 help

Is there any way to change the -12db crossover slope to -24db or something? That just seems way too shallow for a sub IMO. Everytime I've messed with 80 hz @ -12db, it always sounded muddy on high frequencies. It's playing too many frequencies at once. And definitely put your bass boost to 0. Those reasons could be why it don't sound good with a punchy song like bow down by westside connection.
Yes I can put it down to -24 and I'll try the bass boost at 0. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif
Will post pic in a couple hours.

81f1167d96706fe20afd15534b1e3752.jpg

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

OP, I might also suggest rearranging which direction the subs/ports face and where they sit in his trunk. Some pics of this box might help as well.
Pic is here

the OP wanted more high frequency output. thats why i said go smaller with alot of port area. yes its going to hurt efficency but the driver isnt built for vented alignments so you have to sacrfice a-little low end and output for a flatter response.
Should I go sealed?

while it is a better sealed box woofer I wouldn't go sealed unless i had no option. trust me on the small box and lower tune. been there done that. 1.5 is on the small side but its going to sound a hell of a-lot better uptop and still get plenty low..

why did you quote me? I'm trying to help the original poster. Unless you have an answer for the op or you are correcting me you have no relevance..If you want me to explain why I'm suggesting I'll be glad to..
Awwwwww what's the matter? Don't like to be quoted?

That box doesn't look all that bad...but it could very well be too much port area. Who built it?

Awwwwww what's the matter? Don't like to be quoted?

That box doesn't look all that bad...but it could very well be too much port area. Who built it?
A guy off Craig's list. He built it for 80. Too good to be true maybe?

A guy off Craig's list. He built it for 80. Too good to be true maybe?
No, its just built with a different goal in mind vs balanced sound. The box is loud is it not? it was designed for loudness. You'll have to give up some of that loudness for sound quality. Put things in to make the box smaller.

I think the trick is with those W7's.....they're made for SQL (Sound Quality Loudness) and the enclosure has to be just right along with port.

I've heard and read people throwing them in a box listen to them then scratch their heads stumped and then sell 'em.

I think the trick is with those W7's.....they're made for SQL (Sound Quality Loudness) and the enclosure has to be just right along with port.
I've heard and read people throwing them in a box listen to them then scratch their heads stumped and then sell 'em.
That's how I'm feeling

I'm pretty shocked. Maybe I can write a thread on understanding damping and general on subwoofers.

The port isn't to big the box is. You want the port to be able to have high displacemt capabilites. He needs at least 60in^2. I'd tuned slightly lower and go at least 3.25 for both woofers.

No, its just built with a different goal in mind vs balanced sound. The box is loud is it not? it was designed for loudness. You'll have to give up some of that loudness for sound quality. Put things in to make the box smaller.
Very loud at low bass lines

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.