Jlw7 help

I think you and papermaker missed a few things. It was good at 1.9

The amps are probably not matched

2.0 after displacement is very close to 1.75.

It will be very peaky mid 40hz range now with hardly no low end.
Chances are if they aren't matched you would hear it throughout the bandwidth

How much are they charging you for another box being built?
Guess we'll never know...

Much easier to shell out more $$ to have someone else "fix" the problem rather than taking the time to do what's suggested in this thread.

I think you and papermaker missed a few things. It was good at 1.9

The amps are probably not matched

2.0 after displacement is very close to 1.75.

It will be very peaky mid 40hz range now with hardly no low end.
I disagree, W7s tend get decent low end; even in a tiny high tuned prefab, their 30hz game is still decent down to 28hz. Some people also like how the mid 40 peaks sound, it works way better on their music rather than just all out low end strength.

I guarantee you if you pick 1000 random people on the street how the W7s should sound to you vs a more upper end focused W7. An overwhelming majority will disagree with you.

It's a damping issue. 4 cubes is about 1 cube to big unless you want a bloated lowend. The alignment I offered will give him a wide flat response..
Hi I just purchased a box for my 12w7 custom made it measures 29w 14.25tall 12.25 deep tuned to 32hz it’s in my Cadillac ATS. I listen to a variety of music. On a lot on songs it sounds like crap. Like rock . What should I do add wood to make it smaller? It total of 2.2 cft

Hi I just purchased a box for my 12w7 custom made it measures 29w 14.25tall 12.25 deep tuned to 32hz it’s in my Cadillac ATS. I listen to a variety of music. On a lot on songs it sounds like crap. Like rock . What should I do add wood to make it smaller? It total of 2.2 cft

Cut equal lengths off both sides and cut some new pieces for the new sides. Therefore, making the box smaller. Exact dimensions are up to you. Just telling you how to make the box smaller.

port hole is too small, the w7 is a high displacement woofer, needs a single big port vs those little peep holes. Tune higher as well 34-36 is good for a wide range of music and it might be that your car is peaking low as well so you need to tune higher to balance the frequency response out. BTW just make a new thread vs resurrecting a 4 year old thread....

It’s already under 2 cubes now. Those measurements are somewhere just over 2 cubes without counting port and sub displacement. I would guess they were aiming for 1.75, which is ok for that sub. I’d say ports are too small also. shrinking the box size this way will change port tuning. It’s likely to sound worse.

It’s already under 2 cubes now. Those measurements are somewhere just over 2 cubes without counting port and sub displacement. I would guess they were aiming for 1.75, which is ok for that sub. I’d say ports are too small also. shrinking the box size this way will change port tuning. It’s likely to sound worse.
Thanks I might just go sealed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.