jl audio system setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

jcinthewest

HI, I am completely new to this forum but was looking for some advice. I currently own a 2013 Nissan Sentra SR with stock 4 speaker system which I am looking to upgrade. I was wondering if this setup is a good one.

1 Pioneer AVHX4600BT

1 JL Audio 10W3V3-4 hooked up to

1 JL Audio 600/1 class D monoblock

1 JL Audio C5-525 5.25" C5-Series 2-Way Component System hooked up to

1 JL Audio XD400/4: 4 Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier 400 Watts

I didn't mean to go with all JL Audio but my research showed those as top of the class.

Any suggestions would be great.

yeah if you wanna go broke.... HU is hivolt, good, sub weak, never run under w6 personal preference, mono not bad at all make sure you turn the gain down as the w3 is like 250 watts (w6 would match perfectly...) do not like the sound of the comps especially if those are the grey ones... never ran the xd amp line but loved my 300/4v1/2,

but you know with the money you could do so much better... what i would do that would be cheaper but sound better....

sub stage- ssa sub, obsidian v3 10... along those lines.... or find used w6...

keep sub amp, if you haven't bought it yet don't look into ct sound and various others on here....

comps....i'd go either pioneer or jbl ms, just don't like the jl sound, cdt,theres a million options...

4ch i'd run it or try to, like I said never ran the xd's.....

jl is far from top of the class...... but it is good equipment, I've ran whole jl set ups, its good... but better can be had for the money.....

look if you haven't gotten anything yet... make a thread mention a budget and let the feedback pour in... i used to try to do research on all that stuff but most of it in the mainstream is so fictious, welcome to the forums, most people on here are running stuff you've never heard of.. but aot of it is awesome power and way better than anything your gonna go pick up from a store or order from ebay..... JL is way over priced, it all depends on your budget... at lok into buying used if your open to it.....

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and will take your advice and I haven't purchased anything yet, and I am not setting a budget for myself as I plan to save up for whatever is best bang for the buck setup, don't want to limit myself but if I can go cheaper than the system will be installed sooner.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and will take your advice and I haven't purchased anything yet, and I am not setting a budget for myself as I plan to save up for whatever is best bang for the buck setup, don't want to limit myself but if I can go cheaper than the system will be installed sooner.
man it all depends on what you are looking for sq, spl and so forth.... i've done alot of budget builds.... hit me up when you look at some more stuff....

HI, I am completely new to this forum but was looking for some advice. I currently own a 2013 Nissan Sentra SR with stock 4 speaker system which I am looking to upgrade. I was wondering if this setup is a good one.
1 Pioneer AVHX4600BT

1 JL Audio 10W3V3-4 hooked up to

1 JL Audio 600/1 class D monoblock

1 JL Audio C5-525 5.25" C5-Series 2-Way Component System hooked up to

1 JL Audio XD400/4: 4 Channel Class D Full-Range Amplifier 400 Watts

I didn't mean to go with all JL Audio but my research showed those as top of the class.

Any suggestions would be great.
dont feel sorry about matching brands lots of us are **** that way

Ok so I went back and did a little more research for more sq out of less money and was wondering if this setup would work as far as matching amps to speakers and overall sq together:

1 obsidian 10 v3 d2 powered by

1 jbl gto7001 amp

Jbl ms 52c powered by

1 precision power s580.4

I need my system to blend well without bass overpowering comps while listening to mostly rap

Ok so I went back and did a little more research for more sq out of less money and was wondering if this setup would work as far as matching amps to speakers and overall sq together:
1 obsidian 10 v3 d2 powered by

1 jbl gto7001 amp

Jbl ms 52c powered by

1 precision power s580.4

I need my system to blend well without bass overpowering comps while listening to mostly rap
I like that setup better than the first, maybe with the exception of that jbl mono, but haven't ever ran 'em somebody should be able to give you some advice on that amp.....

In all honesty if you were to tell us a price range you are looking to spend and if you have to have new there are plenty of people on here that could help get you what you are looking for under or near that budget. I run all used equipment and as long as you buy from a legit seller on here you can get badass equipment for a good price.

Trumpet-

Sorry your prices were off. I could get them cheaper and I intend to install them myself. I was merely asking for ideas on a setup. I don't intend to do business on this forum

Trumpet-Sorry your prices were off. I could get them cheaper and I intend to install them myself. I was merely asking for ideas on a setup. I don't intend to do business on this forum
I was introducing some ideas. My message barely mentioned prices. Best of luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.