JL 10W6v2 recone?

I was expecting the car-audio equivalent for "That 'll buff right out"

But yes, the years have not been kind to this sub.

Got it back today and connected it to the 500/1.

D a m n! The SQ on this sub is great and the output's rather stout too. Of course, output isn't that difficult in a tiny little hatch, with the sub a foot and a half from your ears.

pics???

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

and the w6 can pound to huh, it one of those things where you have to see and hear it to believe it.

I installed the thing at the shop where I picked it up. (JL makes you go through an authorized dealer)

But here's a pic of it installed...

P1090080.jpg

I didn't have the camera when I picked it up but I looked it over. The basket and magnet are exactly as I sent them. Everything else is brand spanking new. I thought they just sent me a new one until I noticed some of the scratches on the basket.

very nice, you done bought the grill to.........how much was it for the 10, was shipping free?
I bought that grill for my 10W0 a long time ago. I don't remember what it cost back then. That poor grill has been through ell. (I've painted it twice to hide scratches)

Really happy with this sub. Response curve is fat and relatively flat. It's a 1.1 cube ported box and it plays so low I bet it could communicate with whales.

I installed the thing at the shop where I picked it up. (JL makes you go through an authorized dealer)
But here's a pic of it installed...

P1090080.jpg

I didn't have the camera when I picked it up but I looked it over. The basket and magnet are exactly as I sent them. Everything else is brand spanking new. I thought they just sent me a new one until I noticed some of the scratches on the basket.
I am confused by this picture? I imagine this is in the 350z in your avatar? If so, is this a picture of the sub facing the rear of the car or is this facing the cabin? If it is facing the cabin, could you seal it off from the trunk facing the cabin just like you have it? I think it would look great if you used some beauty panels and sealed it off as best as you can, as well as increasing the output drastically. Otherwise, it looks good and $155 for a w6v2 is a very decent deal. I had one a while back and I really enjoyed it.

I am confused by this picture? I imagine this is in the 350z in your avatar? If so, is this a picture of the sub facing the rear of the car or is this facing the cabin? If it is facing the cabin, could you seal it off from the trunk facing the cabin just like you have it? I think it would look great if you used some beauty panels and sealed it off as best as you can, as well as increasing the output drastically. Otherwise, it looks good and $155 for a w6v2 is a very decent deal. I had one a while back and I really enjoyed it.
It's facing the rear. I use the space on the sides of the box to hold my helmet on one side and a cooler on the other.

Looking in the windows, the box is almost invisible...

The box is behind the seats in this pic. (old amp)

DSCF5057.jpg

Oh and here are the new amps installed. There's a stock panel that covers the hole. The amps are basically mounted where the glove box is on right-hand drive versions overseas.

P1090027.jpg

Showed my system to some guys at the track and someone pointed this out to me. Not a hair trick, but it's only single 10 so...

Ok, so Blip tv doesn't imbed...hmmmm

Oh well, it was just the wiper vibrating.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.