Drop in Recone kit

Bluecarz77

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, i have a custom 12" sub that i was given from a friend, the spiders and everything are cut out and so it needs to be rebuilt. Wanna try and make it a 2k - 2.5k rms sub if possible. ( idk what determines that ) Needs a 3" coil and probably Dual 4 ohm. Anyone know where i can get a drop in recone? ive tried fix my speaker and they cant get back to me alone with many other places

Attachments

• IMG_4422.JPG
    IMG_4422.JPG
    983.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4428.JPG
    IMG_4428.JPG
    748.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey guys, i have a custom 12" sub that i was given from a friend, the spiders and everything are cut out and so it needs to be rebuilt. Wanna try and make it a 2k - 2.5k rms sub if possible. ( idk what determines that ) Needs a 3" coil and probably Dual 4 ohm. Anyone know where i can get a drop in recone? ive tried fix my speaker and they cant get back to me alone with many other places
You can't just drop something in there that fits. Everything about the driver from the GAP to the VC windings, the spiders, a bunch of things need to match up for it to work together correctly. Do you know the magnet strength, the voice coil gap, venting considerations, whew!

If you don't know the original parameters and can't get the correct kit, you have a nice boat anchor = time to look for a new sub.

Last edited:
ive tried fix my speaker and they cant get back to me alone with many other places
If you can get your hands on a caliper it will help to get precise dimensions. With that you can piece a kit and build it yourself.
Here are some dimensions needed fir your build. Main ones are the foam landing width, height from foam landing to cone peak, height of spider, spider landing width, VC diameter. Add the height of the spider and cone. Compare that to the height of the frame's foam landing to it's spider landing.
Screenshot_20240321-231747(1).png

Screenshot_20240321-233011(1).png

Measure pole diameter and gap plate inside diameter. That will help with voicecoil selection.

Measure everything with a caliper and get with Corey dean or Dave leib.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...