Is This too big for this sub? Good enclosure for sundown E12 or TNT12?

What kind of poet would you suggest? I've only had experience with the standard L port but what about a square port or an aero? Because I'm having trouble getting a lower tuning with the L Port.
First you're second guessing what Sundown actually built the sub to do, now you're second guessing a guy who builds boxes for a living in your obsession for whale-song tuning.

First you're second guessing what Sundown actually built the sub to do, now you're second guessing a guy who builds boxes for a living in your obsession for whale-song tuning.
Hey I like my whale-song tuning.lol I'm just trying to find a happy median. I'm a super newb so you can't really find my obsession with finding the right design that weird before I spend lots of money. Cherrymancustoms was the one who came up with the whale song tuning because I told him I like ridiculously low music. Believe me I'm not second guessing him. When I talked to him he was explaining things that made me feel even more like the invalid that I am with car audio.

Hey I like my whale-song tuning.lol I'm just trying to find a happy median. I'm a super newb so you can't really find my obsession with finding the right design that weird before I spend lots of money. Cherrymancustoms was the one who came up with the whale song tuning because I told him I like ridiculously low music. Believe me I'm not second guessing him. When I talked to him he was explaining things that made me feel even more like the invalid that I am with car audio.
My point being that Sundown has recommended box specs for these for optimum performance, and Cherryman has been around the block a while. If you don't personally have the experience you should rely on the experience and recommendations of those that have.

Was expecting more 30hz and under material with a name like that.
Best to get some high quality recordings of pipe organ concerts. A handful of the big boy organs have 64 foot stop that'll bang out at 8hz, and 16hz is pretty common in anything that people bother recording.

Use winISD and play with the port area/length and you should be able to tune as low as you want even at 6cu/ft, no problem. I tuned a 2.8cu/ft box to 28hz and could have gone even lower by lengthening the port, just gotta play with it until you get what you want.

Yeah I'd be careful of building a one note wonder bud. 30-32 is a good tuning for music. I also think 6-10 is a HUGE freaking difference. 4 cubes can make or break a box lol. You're all over the place talking about 600 rms then talking about an X15. You need to nail down something. You really need to narrow it down. I think 6 cubes for a single 15 is pretty good size but you're going to need at least 1500 rms imho.

You should also include what you have electrical wise. If you can't run the amp your dead before you start,

Yeah I'd be careful of building a one note wonder bud. 30-32 is a good tuning for music. I also think 6-10 is a HUGE freaking difference. 4 cubes can make or break a box lol. You're all over the place talking about 600 rms then talking about an X15. You need to nail down something. You really need to narrow it down. I think 6 cubes for a single 15 is pretty good size but you're going to need at least 1500 rms imho.
You should also include what you have electrical wise. If you can't run the amp your dead before you start,
Yeah I see what your saying. I'm more narrowed down now definitely. The tahoe I'm going to be building in has killed this project anyways sense the title hasn't showed up in almost a year now from my friend. I see a lot of problems coming from that. Anyways I'm feeling 6 cubic feet with sub and port displacement subtracted and around 32hz tuning and around 80-90 square inches of port area. But I'm almost tempted to just go with a nice enclosure for those 2 AB xfl 12"s and maybe even get 2 more in the future for a 4 12" build. Electrical will be all zero gauge and zero gauge big three and mech man 240 amp alternator with XS power D3100 battery in the rear. Amp would most likely be a kicker cx1200.1 at 1ohm so not perfect power but decent. Eventually want to get my hands on at least one if not 2 sq2200.1s.

Yeah I see what your saying. I'm more narrowed down now definitely. The tahoe I'm going to be building in has killed this project anyways sense the title hasn't showed up in almost a year now from my friend. I see a lot of problems coming from that. Anyways I'm feeling 6 cubic feet with sub and port displacement subtracted and around 32hz tuning and around 80-90 square inches of port area. But I'm almost tempted to just go with a nice enclosure for those 2 AB xfl 12"s and maybe even get 2 more in the future for a 4 12" build. Electrical will be all zero gauge and zero gauge big three and mech man 240 amp alternator with XS power D3100 battery in the rear. Amp would most likely be a kicker cx1200.1 at 1ohm so not perfect power but decent. Eventually want to get my hands on at least one if not 2 sq2200.1s.
BTW that CX1200.1 at 1ohm pounds. I set it with a Oscilloscope and those 2 xfl 12"s even in that prefab where ground pounders. Barely would get warm after a hour or so of playing and would shake windows of stores. Also broke one of my rear windows off the regulator motor in old car I used to have. Lots of pissed people in parking lots too. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.