Is this right? *huge 56k Warning*

since nobody knows where these wires lead, how are we gona help you.
I'd suggest turning the gain all the way up, don't you want to really hear your subs ?
I had it a little more up but the sub sounded like it was going to break into pieces plus the SQ was not good

As you all know ... Im new at this ... thta said
Thats 2 wires put together that is why1 slot is empty ....... that is why I posted the pics because I think something is wrong here ......

It suppose to be (2 channel amp) 1 channel for each coil right? negative to negatives and positives to positives right?

the amp installer told me that is correct but I don't believe him .....

he even told me that like this it would sound better ..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

thanks froryour time and comments
so where exactly does that black wire lead to? whats it connected to?

if your only powering one sub you only use one channel... if your sub is a Dual voice coil you can have it wired up 2 ways but either way that third wire has me puzzled

i have a feeling your audio guy doesnt know his stuff very well... is this the same guy that told you it was okay to mount your amp upside down as well?

what is that black wire doing there and where does it lead too?
I have to open the box and find out ......... but those it look right having one negavite empty? thanks champs

2 ohm sub can be hooked up bridged to 1 ohm (++ and - - )or 4 ohms(+ - and + - ). look on your amp and see if it is bridgeable to these loads. mark down the wattage.

you can also hook the coils up: each coil to each channel. The coils are 2 ohm... look on the amp specs and see what the amp puts out x2 @ 2 ohm...

Whichever puts out most I would say go with that.

so where exactly does that black wire lead to? whats it connected to?if your only powering one sub you only use one channel... if your sub is a Dual voice coil you can have it wired up 2 ways but either way that third wire has me puzzled

i have a feeling your audio guy doesnt know his stuff very well... is this the same guy that told you it was okay to mount your amp upside down as well?
thats correct Champ ....... same guy ........ I maybe going to look for someone else the thing is that there is only a few shops here ... just a few

my sub is a dual voice coil ........ I think the guy for some stupid reason connect 2positives and 1 negative to 2 positives and 2 negative from one single negavite coming form the amp

thanks champ

2 ohm sub can be hooked up bridged to 1 ohm (++ and - - )or 4 ohms(+ - and + - ). look on your amp and see if it is bridgeable to these loads. mark down the wattage.
you can also hook the coils up: each coil to each channel. The coils are 2 ohm... look on the amp specs and see what the amp puts out x2 @ 2 ohm...

Whichever puts out most I would say go with that.
amp spec

500W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms, bridged

250W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 2 ohms

200W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 4 ohms

my amp those not work on 1 ohms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

thanks for your comments ..... al comments are been very helpfull thanks

your wiring is completely wrong!

I cant even follow it, but at a guess, you have one sub wired up bridged, and the other sub wired...

wait, thats not it either... maybe I'll draw a pic :s lol

edit: ok, at a guess, one sub is wired up to the right channel, the other sub, is wired up to the positives of both channels, and is therefore, doing pretty much nothing. lol

but, it is also getting power from through the other sub... lol

screwedsh3.gif

your best option, is to either run one sub per channel, or disconnect the wires wrapped in black tape, from teh amp... unless they aren't even connected? and then its all good!! lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.