Is this a good beginning system setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joshlink5

Ohio
I have a 2003 Mustang and just installed a 12 inch 2500 Watt peak Power Acoustic Gothic sub mounted in a Qpower Single 12" Side Ported SPL Xtra Large Heavy Duty Woofer Box. The sub is powered by a 3000 watt peak planet audio class D amp which is run through a 2 farad boss audio capacitor which I connected to a second battery system located in the trunk. The wiring from the sub to the amp in 8 gauge and all the other wiring from the amp to the capacitor to the battery is 4 gauge. The box has roughly 3.7 cubic feet. Let me know what enhancements I can/need to make.

Ditch the capaciter, especially since you have a 2nd battery.

That box is awfully big for 1 12 if its 3.7cu NET, im assuming its gross.

Planet audio and power acoustik are generally rather low quality...but how does it sound to you? You only need to impress yourself; not us.

Can't really see the port in that box from the pictures.

That "2000W" woofer likely will not handle much above 700 but on the bright side that 3000W amp probably won't do over 1000 on a good day, so that's a fairly decent match.

Honestly you're already at the point of diminishing returns trying to get louder so if you don't have any complaints and aren't trying to compete or really get loud I'm not sure what you even need to know? If it sounds good it is good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.