Is the Big 3 upgrade good enough???

i have a jeep grand cherokee, i ran a orion 2500d at 1 ohm to my hcca 15.2,big 3, 0 gauge to the back, distro block with short 4ga wire into all inputs of the amp. i have a decent size battery up front and my lights dim a little but not much. certain songs at full power will take your power but thats because the battery is loosing its charge to fast for the 136a alt.

if you run 0 and distro block it to 2 4ga out with a decent battery up front id say you will be good. as long as your not running it full power for long periods of time, if its a daily setup and you plan on fkn your ears up then your gunna want some reserve power so get another battery in the back.

I have never seen one thread with so much fail on any topic as I have on this one.

Number one you have to know how many amps you are using in order to know if your alternator will handle the load.

Number two batteries DO NOT make power they only store it for an amount of time that is based on how much you are using.

Number three your batteries should always be the same for so many reasons that I am not even going to bother trying to list them all.

Number four electrical flow in a dc circuit is from negative to positive.

Number five in order to properly use a cap you first have to know the answer to number one. Since no one here knows the answer to that they say caps are worthless. Major fail.

This is the electrical section of a car audio forum a place where facts should be posted not opinions.

im running only 4000 watts right now and i have 3 kinetic batts.. i probably could be good with 2 but why not have the xtra power or storage as **** says, (by the way you need to change that name i dont even want to spell that talking about another dude)..but back to topic either go big or go home and yes 0 gauge to distro and 1 or 2 feet of 4 gauge to amp is fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.