Is my battery enough for adding an amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drifter mike

CarAudio.com Recruit
Greece
Hello guys,
I own a Mercedes A 140 W168 and i want to install a 4 channel TRF M600.4AB amplifier (600 watt RMS, 1200 watt max) and connect to it a 12'' TRF VLSW122D2 Subwoofer (250 watt RMS) and 2 additional speakers on car's shelf (85 watt RMS each). So the music will be performed by 6 speakers and 1 sub.

My car's alternator is 90A (at 14V) and the battery is a 12V Hankook with 62 AH and also says 110MIN(RC) and 540A(EN).

Do you think i am gona have any problems with the electrics of the car? Is this battery enough ?

Attachments

• received_3093996007596916.jpeg
    received_3093996007596916.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 31
Nice, and for how much time will i be able to play music with the car turned of, without draining the battery ?
You have 62ah battery it will provide 62 amps for 1 hour so if you are drawing 120amps about 30min. 100amp about 40min.

But music is generally very transient and won't draw high amperage consistently. Therefore you should get longer run times. But you also have to consider the lower voltage limit of the equipment you run. The batt might be safe to discharge to 10.5v where it actually gets it's rated 62ah from but if you headunits or amp shuts off at 11.5v well you have capacity left in the batts but won't be able to use it. On top of that the lower the voltage the less power output so as the battery drains the system puts out less power. It's generally not advised to run an amplified system off of small battery setups for long periods

You have 62ah battery it will provide 62 amps for 1 hour so if you are drawing 120amps about 30min. 100amp about 40min.

But music is generally very transient and won't draw high amperage consistently. Therefore you should get longer run times. But you also have to consider the lower voltage limit of the equipment you run. The batt might be safe to discharge to 10.5v where it actually gets it's rated 62ah from but if you headunits or amp shuts off at 11.5v well you have capacity left in the batts but won't be able to use it. On top of that the lower the voltage the less power output so as the battery drains the system puts out less power. It's generally not advised to run an amplified system off of small battery setups for long periods
Ok, i got it. Thanks man for the help!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...