Is my amp too weak?

Audiokaleb

I resentlt just got a custom ported dual 8" subwoofer box and was expecting my bass in my car to be very good. After installing them and turing on they were very very quiet like i could barly tell they were on. After adjusting setting and such i got them up a little bit to were i can hear them but its nothing like i would expect it to be still very quiet for subs. I have a 1200 watt boss amp that runs about 600rms i think. Im wondering if the reason there so quiet is because of the amp or what? please help thanks

I resentlt just got a custom ported dual 8" subwoofer box and was expecting my bass in my car to be very good. After installing them and turing on they were very very quiet like i could barly tell they were on. After adjusting setting and such i got them up a little bit to were i can hear them but its nothing like i would expect it to be still very quiet for subs. I have a 1200 watt boss amp that runs about 600rms i think. Im wondering if the reason there so quiet is because of the amp or what? please help thanks
list every bits and detail of your system from head to toe if you want any results. vehicle, EVERY bit of equipment brand and model number

Box and port dimensions as well as the orientation

Every part of your tuning from head unit to amp related to bass. If you skimp out on any details most wont bother answering.

Btw that boss is 120 actual watts at best.

Replace that cheap worthless amp with something decent.
Boss amps are worthless. My used system came with a boss 3k - rated 1600rms - fused for 1200 rms. At 1 ohm on a test tone i clamped 52 watts out of it. It wouldnt even overpower a door speaker lol. Anything boss is pathetic. Get a decent amp.

Boss amps are worthless. My used system came with a boss 3k - rated 1600rms - fused for 1200 rms. At 1 ohm on a test tone i clamped 52 watts out of it. It wouldnt even overpower a door speaker lol. Anything boss is pathetic. Get a decent amp.
Back in the days, some guy had a whole mini truck full of BOSS amps and subs. He was showing it off like it was the best thing in the world. I doubt it even hits 130dB. Haha

Back in the days, some guy had a whole mini truck full of BOSS amps and subs. He was showing it off like it was the best thing in the world. I doubt it even hits 130dB. Haha
The very first Boss amps were actually very nice amps but they were rated 4X what they would actually make for power. Today they're garbage and still wildly over-rated.

I would think the amp should be good for at least 250watts at 12.5 volts...

what subs and what do you mean by "custom ported dual 8" subwoofer box" ?

Newbs use language like this. For all we know its two 8ohm speakers driven stereo off your amp in some POS prefab fiberboard box. Please show us pics of what you have to work with.

Currently running two ARC 8" subs in a 1.5 cu ft 3 slot ported box tuned at 34 hz can somone please reccommend a good amp for on a budget that will get these subs sounding good

We need more details on the subs because we need to match the final impedance and wattage ratings with the amp output capability. We need to know the # of coils and the impedance of each coil.

Define a budget. If money is tight, you can look for used amps and get good quality for cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.