Wiring questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Davebrown

Hey guys I have a 2013 f350 and replaced the door speakers and would like to add a small amp and a line out converter for a 10" powered cerwin Vega subwoofer. Can this be done without cutting the factory Harness? I was expecting to be able to find both ends of the speaker harness and wire this stuff inline (plug and play) but cant seem to find a connector to mimic the factory head unit connection. any ideas? any help appreciated thanks in advance..

I agree to using the Audio Control LC2i, it also generates a turn-on signal.

Sometimes, you can buy two head unit harnesses and manually solder them together (like Metra 70-xxxx and Metra 71-xxxx). It's a lot of work and added bulk in the dash.

If your factory system has a factory sub, it's possible to disconnect the factory sub and use that signal for your aftermarket sub. If your factory system has an factory amp, it's usually best to snag the signal before the amp (assuming volume control isn't after the amp). In all other cases, i usually just tap the front speaker wires (for the door woofer). Rear signals are usually quieter with less bass.

This is how you tap factory wires (then insulate with 3M Super 33+ electrical tape)

soldertap.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.