HELP Troubleshoot Truck Audio System Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thampy16

I have two type R 12" subs that are 4 ohm dual voice coil. I have my subs wired down to 2 ohms since they're dvc. They aren't seized or blown I've done the battery test multiple times. I also have a hifonics Brutus BRX 2000.1D amp. Recently I was having grounding issues in the cab of my truck but it was quickly resolved with a connector from the battery to a under the hood cab bolt. My amp is getting power and my speakers are connected the way it shows me to in the diagram but they still will not move. I have checked to ensure my RCA's are in the correct subwoofer ports in the back of my pioneer stereo numerous times. I have also made sure that my subwoofers are turned on in my stereos settings. I have been dealing with this issue for a couple of months now. I have reached the point of much frustration and any advice would be helpful. P.S. I have not tuned my amp and I also have a multimeter.

Check head unit menu for rca output. Some have a setting to turn on the subwoofer. Hook an ipod directly to the amp via aux to rca adapter. Check for output at the amp. Bad setting or bad amp at first glance

i agree to testing with a portable music player (or phone) to bypass the head unit and just test the amp.

the amp shouldn't have an HPF setting for the crossover but make sure it's set to LPF and around 80Hz.

also, you need to verify the coils aren't out of phase. if they are, the subs won't move. it can be an easy mistake to reverse phase. pay careful attention to how they are wired, and hopefully you are using speaker wire that is color coded. course, testing the wires with a 9V battery will certainly cause them to move if they are wired correctly.

i've also seen issues with the box terminal connections melting or coming loose.

it's also possible the amp is no longer functioning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.