Is it possible to put a 89 chevy model motor in a 2000 are newer model?

sthib
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
la
i have a 89 chevy single cab that has a new trans and rebuilt motor i want to find a 2000 are newer extended cab chevy that needs a new motor are trans and put it in that one rather than buying a whole new truck.

is this possible.

if the mounts line up yes. if not still yes after a lot of custom work. Also i hope you don't live in a state that dose testing on vehicles if you do your screwed

Well, generally small block chevys dont change much, so depending on the motor thats in it, yes you can swap it. Is the 89 model motor fuel injected or carburated? I can guarantee the 2000 and up models are all fuel injected. if its a regular chevy small block you can just take your intake off it and use the injection intake from the newer truck if the manifolds/heads match up. Not much to a chevy.

Only one thing I have a problem with doing it , is the electrical side of it. What sensors and other parts will be different. Im sure alot will be .

yes it is pssible but theres only one catch. The motor you have in your 89 is im guessing a 350 tbi(throttle body injected) and it has a carbrator, and the motor that would be in the newer trucks from 95 and up are called vortecs(fuel injected) and they do NOT have a carburator. So what you would haved to do it buy brand new motor mounts, computer, wiring harness, hoses, radiator, etc. From my experience your best bet would be to just keep the motor and trans in your 89 keep that or sell that truck, and buy your 95 and up chevy and just go to your local junk yard and buy a vortec and trans from there. There vortec trans and engines are BOLT ON AND PLUG IN AND GO!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.