Is 2500 watts too much for a x12? (critique my setup idea)

Hey everyone, I am putting 4 sundown x12's DVC 4 ohms in my lincoln town car. I was going with 2 sia-3500's, but I decided to buy a lithium battery that can support more power, so I was thinking, why not get 2 sundown 5k amps instead, since there's not much difference in price.

I'm getting a 370 amp alternator and a lithium hp-40. the chart says it can take a 9600 watt amp with a 350 alternator, so why not get stronger amps if i am spending more on a battery?

hp-40-graph.png

But anyway, my question is will I nuke my x12's with 2500 watts rms each? There's a guy on youtube who ran 4 u12's on a taramps 10k no problem.
No u will not nuke em if u properly set ur amplifiers.im sure u probably know how to considering the level of system ur building.im in the process of installing my 8000 sfb on a 1200 watt sub,that sub is temporary till i get my big sub complete.its only 4000 rms.

It did rub me wrong a bit. I actually sat down, crunched some numbers and gave solid advice. What I said I stand by regarding port length, clearance and volume.

The advice may help.

Good luck and hope it works out.
Yeah my bad-thank you for taking the time- I just needed more info- I was set on 30 hz. I just didn't understand what you mean by clearace? How the port fits into the box?

I am gonna keep it 5 in above the bottom of the box for good clearance and air flow.

Lots of good info in this thread. Ill put my 2 cents in. I dont think you're gonna have any problems putting 2k to each sub. A sfb 13500 wired at 2 ohm after rise wouldn't put out 8k anyway. You're better off going with 2 full bridge amps wired at 1 ohm each or 1 half bridge korean wired at .5. I think you need more than 40 ah of lithium to support the amount of power you're trying to use. I built my own headway cells and saved a ton of money. I have 2 70 packs that I built for $2200. Id go the headway route if you're willing to build you're own cells. I think you're current box is ok but as others have said already, you're absolutely going to want to remove your rear seats. Either that or switch to a 4th order that ports through the rear deck. If you decide you want to build you're own cells or switch to a 4th order shoot me a private message and I'll help you out. You're on the right track. Best of luck with the build!

Yes that is what I am doing- I am using two of sundown's new sia-3500's so I can wire each set of x'12s to 1 ohm. It should be close to 8k watts total (well, before efficiency loss ) since the sundowns are lightly underrated.

I apologize- this thread has been all over the place with numbers and questions, but part of the process is brainstorming. I like being able to post here so we can share ideas.

I will message you to learn where to get the cells. This system is the biggest I've built, so I wanted to simplify by getting a prebuilt lithium pack, but would like to add another pack. I need links and info on where to find the stuff. The cells I see on amazon all say for solar use.

I want to build something analogous to the 40ah i got for a nice 80 ah.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q2179ZU/?tag=caraudiocom-20
No u will not nuke em if u properly set ur amplifiers.im sure u probably know how to considering the level of system ur building.im in the process of installing my 8000 sfb on a 1200 watt sub,that sub is temporary till i get my big sub complete.its only 4000 rms.

Holy hell- yeah dude that's gonna bang! Am gonna get it set properly, but I still gotta run the second 0 guage wire from the alternator to the battery. Would you use an inline fuse for the second power wire from the alt to the trunk battery?

I'm just getting into he conversation here, I noticed the OP said he could take out the back seat. Why wouldn't he build a trunk wall with the subs making the trunk the chamber? I will post a link.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.