Interesting Issue with 2 Alpine Type R 15s vs 2 Kicker CVR 15s

Sup peoples, I have an interesting problem. I replaced 2 Alpine Tyre R 12" (Slot ported box)about two weeks ago with 2 Kicker CVR 15"( sealed box). The 15s sounds amazing and hit really nice and low.

Today i got a very good deal on 2 Alpine Type R 15"s in a slot ported box. Problem is that now i noticed my capacitor running out of juice on all the bass notes and the sounds goes out. Never had this issue with the 12s or the kicker 15s. Im running the amp the same way as i always have.

All loads at 4ohms at the amp. (all the subs have been dual 4 ohm subs)

Im running them of my alpine mrp-m2000. im using 8 awg wires for audio, 0 awg for power. (300A fuse)

Again, everything worked fine with the 12 type r, and sounded better with the 15 cvrs. I would have thought the 15" Type Rs would sound amazing but they just seem to cut off. As if the amp is draining more amps or volts :/ Any suggestions?

What is the ohm configuration of the subs and are you running them in parallel or series ?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the ohm configuration of the subs and are you running them in parallel or series ?You need to get rid of the 8 gauge wire for 0 gauge wire for 2000 Watts RMS.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
For one he is running 0 gauge read it again and two he isnt giving CVR's 2000 watts lol

I have the subs wired in parallel internally, dropping each sub to 2 ohms and the wiring them in series on the amp to see a 4 ohm load.

My amp is rated at 2244 watts rms at 14.4 @ 2 ohms according to Alpines test certificate. Each 15 is rated at 750w rms. i figure im powering the subs just right.

Just for the hell of it i through my 12" type rs and the kicker 15"s in and i dont get any problems. they play just fine and the amp doesnt go out.. i think i may just have to get an extra yellow top and and isolator.

You shouldn't have issues like this based on your troubleshooting it sounds like the wiring on your 15's could be incorrect.

If you have a Digital Multi Meter pull the subs out/rewire/test the final ohm load to make sure they are resting at 4ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.