Shallow Mount 10" Subs, Under rear truck seat

Participant count
  • Participant list

bobo244
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey Guys, been a member here for a long time but haven't been on for years.

I got a new truck, Chevy Avalanche, and am going to upgrade the factory Bose system. I am getting a custom fit, box that goes under the rear seats, nothing too special. I need the storage space and flexibility of the Avalanche more than I need the bass.

I am looking for two 10" subs that will fit the max 5.5" mounting depth of the box. The speakers are isolated with 0.80 cubic feet of airspace each. Looking for quality sound, not loudness.

I was thinking a pair of JL 10w1v2. I have been through a bunch of subs and loved my w6v2's.

I have more money than when I used to be heavy into car audio, so I am looking for high quality subs. I have been out of the market for a while and would like to see some other's opinions, as I am sure I can get better subs for the dollar than anything JL.

Thanks,

Beau

PS - Power wise I was looking around ~5-600 watts. Again, not looking to blow the doors off, just a good sounding upgrade

With that much mounting depth there are a lot of options. Take a look at Alpine's Type-R shallow series. 4" coil, neo motor, shallow mounting depth (well under 4"), small enclosure requirements, good power handling, etc.

Thank you for all the replies, I have never heard of sundown, they must be new.

Are the Alpine Type-R's any better than they were about 5 years ago? The last time I was up to date on car audio was when RE just came out.

How do the w1v2's compare to these?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.