installing h/u

Participant count
  • Participant list

pj_chevy03
10+ year member

please ban me
Alabama
i'm going to be installing a h/u for the first time pretty soon and was wondering if there are any precautions i should take so i won't short circuit something. i also would like to know if i should use the factory ground or use a new one. by the way its an alpine cda9830

unhook the battery (you NEVER know)

double check to make sure you connect the right wires together, and you can always use a voltometer (something like that) to make sure the connections are legit....if you have access to one then you should definately do it

i would recommend grounding straight from the hu, although i don't think it makes much difference, its just better to do a straight ground instead of going through more wire connections

as far as that, you should be good....good luck

Use a wire harness, and do all your crimping or soldering outside the car. Don't cut out the factory plug, and don't attach the harness until all the connections have been made and insulated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.