impedence rise

no, read more, talk less, I'll quote the JL link directly.
[back EMF modulation is not a concern when the voice coils of a dual voice coil speaker are wired in series to each other because the coils are physically coupled on one moving mass. Therefore, they cannot possibly modulate each other because they cannot move independently.
i understand that... but if one coil is getting a slightly different signal than the other than would not the 2 voice coils be fighting each other causeing distortion? or loss of volume

Ahh, now we are in the "square vs circle" debate. A square woofer's problem, as cotjones is almost correct in saying, is stress related. When you ask a cone to move a large distance, 60 times a second, you put alot of stress on the cone. A square, being that all points on the edge aren't equidistant from it's center, creates natural weak points at each edge. This limits their linear excursion, once they move too far, the cone buckles, creating distortion. That isn't to say that square cones don't have advantes too though. A square cone has more surface area than a circle of the same radius. That means that per unit of excursion, you move more air with the square. So the linear excursion (xmax) of a square cone is inherently less, but it's vd (cone area) is inherently higher. Linear displacement, is vd*xmax, so both will have the same effect on the overall linear output of the system.

When you state an "opinion" though, you should say something more like, "In my opinion, JL sounds better than Kicker." That would be considered fair. BUT if you say, "In my opinion, L7's make a buzzing sound at higher output," that would not be credible if you haven't done extensive testing with those woofers.

You're too technical with the hypotheticals. It makes it seem like you're trippin on mushrooms, and it's mixing up with car audio and a textbook you read and it's just got you all fuked up.

When you state an "opinion" though, you should say something more like, "In my opinion, JL sounds better than Kicker." That would be considered fair. BUT if you say, "In my opinion, L7's make a buzzing sound at higher output," that would not be credible if you haven't done extensive testing with those woofers.
You're too technical with the hypotheticals. It makes it seem like you're trippin on mushrooms, and it's mixing up with car audio and a textbook you read and it's just got you all fuked up.
how is it not credible? all the square subs i've heard have had poor sq! in the form of a buzz at high volumes that sounds the same at allmost every frequency... now you are trying to argue that my opinion isn't credible

Ahh, now we are in the "square vs circle" debate. A square woofer's problem, as cotjones is almost correct in saying, is stress related. When you ask a cone to move a large distance, 60 times a second, you put alot of stress on the cone. A square, being that all points on the edge aren't equidistant from it's center, creates natural weak points at each edge. This limits their linear excursion, once they move too far, the cone buckles, creating distortion. That isn't to say that square cones don't have advantes too though. A square cone has more surface area than a circle of the same radius. That means that per unit of excursion, you move more air with the square. So the linear excursion (xmax) of a square cone is inherently less, but it's vd (cone area) is inherently higher. Linear displacement, is vd*xmax, so both will have the same effect on the overall linear output of the system.
right! thats what i said, but more technical

NONE OF YOU ARE LISTENING! i asked if it was possible for the ohm load to be lower than rated because of the box or wires or anything! because my amp is shutting off at high levels and i think its just voltage drops but i'm trying to make shure.
YOU'RE NOT LISTENING EITHER! Hey moron, I answered your question on the first ****ing post. You're too dumb to comprehend what I said though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.