impedence rise

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
has anyone heard of (4) 10" dvc 4ohm subs wired to 2 ohms raising resitance to lower than 1.5 for any reason... i'm trying to find the source of an amp shuting off at extreme levels... probably voltage drops but just makeing shure

i was thinking because of resistance of the box, or maby wires... also when the cones all get beating, it would seem like resistance might go up because of the force ,all that pressure in side the box those cones are makeing... for example i know that a smaller box lowers impedance

No, that is not true at all and it is not anywhere near possible. You really have no clue what's going on about anything. Your existence on this forum has to be a joke; if there really are people like you out running free, ****, I'm too scared by that thought to come up with something decent.

Are you drunk, high, or just have a lack of a fundamental understanding of the language?
my god you all know exacly what i am talking about...

lowering raising watever i simply asked if the load can drop to 1.5 from 2 because of install i don't understand what is so difficult about this consept? the size, length, and material of the wires used effects the overall ohm load...

and as far as the box goes think about it the smaller the box the lower the power handleing... now why? kinda doesn't make sense to say that the voice coil can handle different amounts of power because of different boxes... but rather that certain boxes lower or raise the impedance, due to sound pressure and other things

so naturally this being the case since my box is over-sized by .6 cubes, it would seem a possibility that the normal 2 ohm load might drop to 1.5 causeing the amp to shut off at high levels

has anyone heard of (4) 10" dvc 4ohm subs wired to 2 ohms raising resitance to lower than 1.5 for any reason
How do u rise downwards? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Man I'm, loving all the new members already.

Edit: I see the 25 farad cap. Now i know why....

do i need to list out the reasons why no one will help you

1. you give terrible advice to others so why should anyone help you

2. your question has been answered, your a retard

3. you need to stop posting s*** that does not make any sense

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.